_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello From Florida
SteelBalls6
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 05:38 AM UTC
I came back to the hobby once my 2 sons became old enough to be interested themselves. We like military history and one of our favorite channels is the Military Channel. This summer I finished watching the World at War series which I hadn't seen since I was a kid.

I am mostly interested in AFV and figures. I never built a diorama and would like to do so. I just signed up for the campaign to "Model a Photograph" and plan on building a small vignette.

There is so much information on this website to "mine" and I look forward to learning from everyone.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Tim......welcome. Hey if you are from around the Tampa bay area let me know. We have a group that gets together at a local hobby shop once a month for some show and tell and just general socializing. No dues or fees, just show up and be you. Our group covers all interests from planes , tanks and boats, to monsters and cars. You name it..............take care.....Al
SteelBalls6
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 08:31 AM UTC
Thanks for the invite Alfred! I live in the Jacksonville area but perhaps if I am in your area I can make one of your meetings.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2010 - 08:40 AM UTC
The group is only about seven or eight guys and although kids are welcome none of our group is younger than thirties. I pass through Jax every once in a while. Been to that hobby shop on Atlantic Bl. next to the Hobby Lobby. Anyone else out there from around here (Tampa) let me know and I will put you in touch with some local guys who share this great hobby. Well take care and happy modeling........Al
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:14 PM UTC
Hey Tim, welcome to Florida.

I am an ex NY native now living in Lake City, FL. Jacksonville has a great club that meets in Orange Park at the local library.

Google Jacksonville IPMS and you will find their information. The guy in charge is Gill and he is great person to deal with. There is a local IPMS show held every year in early February.

I am a vendor/manufacturer/producer of resin accessories. Hope to see you at JaxCon 2011.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions Diorama Products
Tiger Werke
Iron Division
HQ72 Resin Products
GI Resin Figures
Minuteman Models
http://www.tigerdio.com
http://www.minutemanmodels.com
SteelBalls6
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 08:54 AM UTC
Thanks for the invite Jose. I will have to check out the meetings. I took my boys to the JaxCon 2010 at UNF and had a great time!

Regards,

Tim
 _GOTOTOP