_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Check your statements!!
techie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 - 08:52 AM UTC
Just to let fellow modellers know if they don't already know thet Hannants site has been compromised. I recieved call from the fraud team asking if I had spent £450 in the states today,when I replied that I had not I was informed that someone had tried to but it had been blocked. I mentioned that I had used Hannants in the past and the chap said "AH your the second one thats happened to", its nearly a year since I used them so beware, check your statements. If you used them check. Just a heads up . Alfie

Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 01:21 AM UTC
The scammers tried to rape my card for just under £900,but my bank were on the ball and rejected them,only one got through for £294 but that was refunded straight away.
Please ,please check your statments! they will try a small amount 1st,say £2 mobile phone top up and if that works they go mental on it,BUY.COM seems favorite!
HTH
Andy
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 01:51 AM UTC
They tried my card the other day one smallpuchase then two internet gambling luckily the bank refused them and contacted me,card cancelled.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:27 PM UTC
Just remember guys that Hannants is now using a better system afaik, and all is safe now.
 _GOTOTOP