_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Proposed a chat room
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 09:01 PM UTC
What do you say? Anyone who is online will create a room for us Pinoys in the Armorama chat? OK ba yon? Anyone who comes first will make the room and anyone can create if there is no room available. And let us put a pass on it. The pass would be "pinoy"
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What do you say? Anyone who is online will create a room for us Pinoys in the Armorama chat? OK ba yon? Anyone who comes first will make the room and anyone can create if there is no room available. And let us put a pass on it. The pass would be "pinoy"

Wag na siguro, unless the discussion needs real-time responses, or just for the "heck-of-it" conversations. Why? Well, personally I think it'll defeat the purpose of the message boards, wherein specialized topics needing special types of replies are supposed to made. While having the chat-room proposal, could very well thrust us towards having a place, wherein mixed topics and mixed replies will probably be done. Besides, the threads are suffice for the communication needs naman of the group eh.

Oh yeah, one question SR, out of curiousity -- WHY the password? And why announce it here pa, if it'll be a password -- given that most of the other members (non-pinoy) could read it. Defeats the purpose of the password, right? Besides, di naman kelangan nang password eh, unless you're discriminating?

Na enganyo ka masyado kanina eh. :-)
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:37 PM UTC
I agree with jomz... Swerte na nga tayo at binigyan tayo ni Jim ng sariling lugar e....Kpag nagka-chat pa, e wala na silbi tong message board...Let's be open to other countries din...Para masaya! ^____________^
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree with jomz... Swerte na nga tayo at binigyan tayo ni Jim ng sariling lugar e....Kpag nagka-chat pa, e wala na silbi tong message board...Let's be open to other countries din...Para masaya! ^____________^

si SR lang naman ata dito yung masyadong secretive. Oh well. Him and his spying notions, keep me at bay when talking to him.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

si SR lang naman ata dito yung masyadong secretive. Oh well. Him and his spying notions, keep me at bay when talking to him.

Heehee...Brings back memories...

Naalala ko pa nung around Grade 5 kme, kpag may isa sa amin na kakausap ng isang tao na mag isa, e naka-bantay kme from a distance. (*think of snipers giving support ...) Kids.... #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Naalala ko pa nung around Grade 5 kme, kpag may isa sa amin na kakausap ng isang tao na mag isa, e naka-bantay kme from a distance. (*think of snipers giving support ...) Kids.... #:-)

I remember that cleary. Hehehehe
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 12:29 AM UTC
A separate chatroom for all of us here is tantamount to setting up a clubhouse for boys where we can jack off each other blindfolded.

How can we learn new things if we keep us to ourselves? Dun na tayo sa existing chatrooms.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A separate chatroom for all of us here is tantamount to setting up a clubhouse for boys where we can jack off each other blindfolded.

How can we learn new things if we keep us to ourselves? Dun na tayo sa existing chatrooms.

Haha, eh how can we keep to ourselves, if the password was posted here! Hehe! Labo noh. But this aside, and "off-ing" the intention to berate someone here, the whole idea is just to me, ridiculous since again I stress my point on the chat-room defeating the purpose of the boards. Besides, LJ is right about us to be content, rather, let alone use the exisiting chatrooms.

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
Considering a large proportion of the Filipinos here aren't online most of the time, a chat room is just "overkill" IMO. This forum would be enough. Plus, there's SMS so, why go online and chat when you can whip out your cel and text hehehehe
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Considering a large proportion of the Filipinos here aren't online most of the time, a chat room is just "overkill" IMO. This forum would be enough. Plus, there's SMS so, why go online and chat when you can whip out your cel and text hehehehe

For me, SMS is more "expensive". I don't txt most the time. Only chat. Anyways, if it's a no, it is a NO.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For me, SMS is more "expensive". I don't txt most the time. Only chat. Anyways, if it's a no, it is a NO.

Rubbing it in dude, hehe! Kala ko ba di ka na imik dito sa thread na 'to?
 _GOTOTOP