_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
88 mm gun crew
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:28 AM UTC
I have the tamiya 88 mm gun -unbuilt and i am planing to depict it in north africa . The crew looks like they are in european uniforms , so is there a kit that i can use to make a DAK gun crew ? thanks in advance
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi TT
I believe that Warriors do (or did do) a four figure set of DAK 88mm gun crew so you'd need 2 sets and possibly some modification of figures.As to whether they are still around i have no idea,perhaps someone else can shed some light ?
HTH
Pete
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:52 AM UTC
Not that I know of. That is one of my biggest gripes about that kit. The crew figures really show their age.

Shaun
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:31 AM UTC
there could be a way around it,remember all the film and photo's of nth africa a lot of the time the men wore great coats and forage caps It wasnt always hot, any figure in a steel pot paint it sand make the scene dusty . Remember all the shots of Rommel 90% of the time he was wearing a full length leather great coat. Hope this helps :-)
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:58 AM UTC
(++) Another solution to this would be to get Dragon's Afrika Korps set (the relaxed figures) and modify them. OR..........use the old figures from the Tamiya British 6 pdr. kit. some are shirtless and very generic and could be made to look like Afrika Korps figures with very little effort A little putty and a couple of stahlhelms and voila DAK in a very hot summer scene. I saw a guy use them in a Diorama depicting mechanics working on a Stuka in the desert. Very convincing! Jeff
 _GOTOTOP