_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Visible/Hidden setting added...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 10:31 AM UTC
I have added a feature for members so that their usernames can be 'hidden' from view in the footer area. The setting is in the My Account > Modify Profile screen.

There is a "Friends Only" setting as well but for the time being that will only hide you from everyone as well.

By default everyone is set to "Visible". Please keep in mind some pages are cached so that you many not immediately see your username disappear from all pages (homepage, review & feature main pages, etc). Staff members can not be hidden.

Cheers,
Jim
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:16 PM UTC
Neat new feature, Jim I'm guessing we'll be able to add "Friends" soon to make the most of that functionality.

Seeing as how it appears to be common practice to ask for even more whenever you announce a new feature, and keeping in accordance with that tradition...

Is there a chance you might enhance the "hide user" functionality? Would love to be able to see a list of people I'm hiding, and be able to unhide selected profiles - as opposed to unhiding all... (and before you ask "are there really that many people you're hiding that you can't remember?".... I don't know, since I can't see who I'm hiding )
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 02:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is there a chance you might enhance the "hide user" functionality? Would love to be able to see a list of people I'm hiding, and be able to unhide selected profiles - as opposed to unhiding all... (and before you ask "are there really that many people you're hiding that you can't remember?".... I don't know, since I can't see who I'm hiding )

Hi Rudi,
Thanks. And yes there is a plan in the near future to change the "Hide User" feature to make it more dynamic and easier to add/remove people. Web 2.0 stuff is on the horizon (as I type this into an AJAX pop up window).

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP