_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Bad Supplier Warning
lordderfel
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC
Thought it was worth mentioning a bad supplier that I have come across so others don't have the same problems.

The company is Model Hobbies in Stoke On Trent (www.modelhobbies.co.uk).

I ordered a 1/72 Tamiya Spitfire along with several etched and resin add ons. The kit and some add ons were damaged and eventually Model Hobbies agreed to accept it back. I requested a full refund and they said to send it back 2nd class so they could refund the return postage. However, 2 months later I have no kit and no refund and they refuse to refund claiming I have never returned it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with this or any other supplier so we can all be forewarned.

Andy
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 07:12 AM UTC
did you send back with return reciept requested? if so, someone had to sign for it.
Paul-H
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 234 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hi

Hindsight is a wonderfull fella but you should have swallowed to 80p cost and sent it recorded delivery.

As it stands how do you know they have got it back, it is possible they are telling the truth and its been lost in the post.

Paul
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 09:15 AM UTC
Hmmm... I've bought frequently from them in the past year, and they've been pretty good to me. I haven't tried to send anything back though.

Tom
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 10:27 AM UTC
I have dealt with ModelHobbies a couple of times and spoken to the owner on the phone, and yours is the only complaint I have ever heard of ref this company. As stated in an earlier reply it is possible they have not had the kit back.
eseperic
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 624 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 05:06 AM UTC
I am sorry for your problem. I just wanted to add that I regularly buy from Model Hobbies and haven't had any problems whatsoever. To the contrary, I am more than satisfied with the service. Living in an exotic destination, such as Bosnia and Herzegovina, seems like a blueprint to disaster. Nevertheless, I can say all the best for the particular deliverer... Hope you will resolve your problem, too.
modelhobbies
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 10:06 PM UTC
Hello Andy

If you want to email me the order number and all the relevant details I'm sure we can sort it out. Please be aware I'm in Scotland over the weekend so I may not respond until Monday. [email protected]

I'm sorry you've had to air your fury on a public forum.

Regards

Nick
Model Hobbies
 _GOTOTOP