_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
f4 u5
hayaman
Visit this Community
Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 01:52 PM UTC
HI THERE,I M ABOUT TO BUILD REVELL S 1/48 F4U5 CORSAIR AND I WANT TO DETAIL IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE-ANY1 KNOWS REPLACEMENT-RESIN-KITS FOR ENGINE AND COCKPIT?QUICKBOOST HAS 2 ENGINES REFERED AS F4U4B AND F4U7,ANY1 SUITABLE FOR U5?-ANY COCKPIT KIT AVAILABLE?-THANKS IN ADVANCE
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 03:40 PM UTC
All capital letter says your excited, but also implies your angry or yelling to get someone's attention.
hayaman
Visit this Community
Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 07:24 AM UTC
THIS IS GREECE MY FRIEND...AND I WENT CLUBBING AFTER!! NOW ABOUT THAT ENGINE IF YOU DON T MIND...
Stevef4u
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 07:33 AM UTC
I just saw your request for -5 Corsair information. Jaguar made a detail set for the F4U-5/7/AU-1. It is #64814 It gives you two different instrument panels, one for the -5 and one for the -7/AU-1. There are some photo-etch details and a lot of resin. It includes two new drop tanks to replace the ones in the kit which aren't really accurate, and a nice set of wheels plus a complete new cockpit. As far as the engines go, the -4 and -7 had a -18W engine and the -5 had a -32W. (The W means water injection.) The -32W was a way different engine from the -18 but the differences where all on the back side of the engine. So if you are only going to show the front of the engine, the Quickboost engine for the -4 would be fine. As far as Corsair engines go there is only one noticeable difference when looking in from the front cowl and that is the nose case which contains the gear eduction. The magnetoe and distributor housings sit on top of this case. On the -1 Corsairs the nose case has a continuous gentle taper down to the prop shaft. On the -4,5,7 and AU-1 Corsairs the nose case is cylindrical. So as long as you have that it will look like a -5. This is probably way more information than you wanted. I get a little wound up about the -5 because I am one of the few fortunate guys that still gets to fly one. (N4901W, BuNo. 124560}
 _GOTOTOP