_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Test pics
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:41 PM UTC
I've just post another pictures of Sukhoi 32 & F-15 in Armorama group pictures aka wild weasel.Help me to send it to Pinoy Forum, maraming salamat po.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:52 PM UTC

Kumusta ang Sukhoi? Maganda ba ang fit at detail?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:48 PM UTC
Nice! Ang linis! No wonder bihira ka magpost kasi busy ka doing all these no?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:34 AM UTC
Rysorne: firstly, I love your aircraft! Especially the Su-32 - since I'm a big fan of the Su-27 family. :-) Is this another Academy kit in 1/48 or 1/72? Are these OOTB or did you use AM parts?

Secondly, to help you post pix, do the following:

1) On this thread, right-click on the image. A menu appears and select 'Properties.'
2) A dialogue box appears. Observe the entry beside the field 'Address (URL).' That's the URL address from where the picture is.
3) Now, don't exit that dialogue box yet. Open another browser window, then go to your MSN Armorama album.
4) Go to the very same pic in the MSN Album which you right-clicked on this thread. Again, a dialogue box appears.
5) Observe the URL address. The first part is the same as the one in the first dialogue box, only it is shorter and ends at the jpg extension. In this case, it is normally followed by a question mark and such.
6) Now, what you do is copy the URL from the dialogue box of the pic you right-clicked at the MSN Armorama album. This you do by putting your cursor on the start of the URL address in the dialogue box then drag, thereby highlighting the URL address. Don't worry if you don't see a flashing cursor indicator. Drag and highlight the URL address, stopping at the end of the jpg extension.
7) When it is highlighted, you then press simultaneously the CTRL button and the letter C. This'll copy the URL to the clipboard.
8) Go back to the thread (like this one), then reply with a post. When the Post Text field appears, either press simultaneously CTRL and the letter V, or right-click on the field, then select Paste. This'll paste the URL on the message field.
9) Add the image tags before and after the URL you just pasted, i.e. type [, then IMG, then ] before the URL address, and type [, then the back slash key , then IMG, then ]. Alternatively, before doing Step 8, click on the [img] button just below the Post Text field. This'll automatically put the image tags, and all you have to do is paste the URL between them.
10) Submit post. The picture should appear.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 12:48 AM UTC
errr. I suggest you put in the link rather than posting the whole pic. Kasi ganito yan, some servers do not allow linking of images. Also, the more pics you put will charge you with the bandwidth. Bale in the future, some of your pics will not appear cause "nagamit na" yung bandwidth sa previous locations. Just a reminder.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:07 AM UTC
Well... it depends really. If you want to instantly show your model, why not post the image immediately rather than just the link? And yes, some host sites do not accept "hot linking" like Tripod, but MSN does accept hot linking, hence you can post the pic.

A better practice is to show a pic or two of the subject, then putting the link saying "You can find more of the pics at ." This is good practice especially if you're planning to show the whooooooooooooole construction process of the subject, or a hundred different views/images of the subject. But for singular subjects which one deems suitable for presentation (and not "hidden" and "buried" in an album), posting the images on the post is ok - to me at least.

Besides, Rysorne and others are interested in posting their works as images, not as a URL address, and isn't that the purpose of the thread? To enable one to post their images?
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well... it depends really. If you want to instantly show your model, why not post the image immediately rather than just the link? And yes, some host sites do not accept "hot linking" like Tripod, but MSN does accept hot linking, hence you can post the pic.

A better practice is to show a pic or two of the subject, then putting the link saying "You can find more of the pics at ." This is good practice especially if you're planning to show the whooooooooooooole construction process of the subject, or a hundred different views/images of the subject. But for singular subjects which one deems suitable for presentation (and not "hidden" and "buried" in an album), posting the images on the post is ok - to me at least.

Besides, Rysorne and others are interested in posting their works as images, not as a URL address, and isn't that the purpose of the thread? To enable one to post their images?

Ditto.

And providing the URL instead, unless of course there's no possible way of posting the pics themselves, poses as a hassle for -- personally me, and I'm sure people in this forum would like to avoid as much 'new-windows' and clicks to the 'back' button. Besides, the issue on "deep-linking", and shonen's concept of bandwidth used up, isn't actually the situation. Usually you don't see any picutres previously posted as "deep-links", because they were taken off the server. The linking suggestion is just, for me, not right. Hehe!

Let's wait for Jim's progress on the pic-posting feature.
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Jeep, SR, GI & Jomz. Sukhoi 32 is Italeri in 72 scale, well the detail & fitting is good & its all OOB, also has recessed panel lines, its a huge Russian aircraft almost look like 48 in scale. This is good Italeri product & I recommend this one. Thanks for the tip for posting pics.

Kumusta ang Sukhoi? Maganda ba ang fit at detail?

blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:22 AM UTC
hey, rysorne sorry for the late reply but i must admit those are neat work ! GANDA-ganda..
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hey, rysorne sorry for the late reply but i must admit those are neat work ! GANDA-ganda..

:-) Thanks Blitz, if I can do you can do it also, at practice lang at marami pang next in line to be done. Happy modelling.
 _GOTOTOP