Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Anyone playing Tanki online here?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 01:33 PM UTC
Is anyone else here playing http://tankionline.com ?

If you don't know, it's a free massive multi-player real-time tank combat game.
It's got simple arrow key controls and rotatable turrets.

Multiple levels of play, player ranks, upgradeable vehicles, turrets, powerups, and paint schemes in an economy based on crystals that appear in game.

A couple of hundred thousand players all over the world and player rankings are kept.

The for newbie games are quick and addicting, and as you level up more complicated maps and longer matches open up as well.

I popped in on a friends recommendation and have spent a LOT of time there since.

Anyone else here play?
If not, check it out.

Mike
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 04:22 PM UTC
I was, and do still occasionally, but lately I have been hooked on Combat Arms, a free MMP online FPS.....rocking game!
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 173 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is anyone else here playing http://tankionline.com ?

If you don't know, it's a free massive multi-player real-time tank combat game.
It's got simple arrow key controls and rotatable turrets.

Multiple levels of play, player ranks, upgradeable vehicles, turrets, powerups, and paint schemes in an economy based on crystals that appear in game.

A couple of hundred thousand players all over the world and player rankings are kept.

The for newbie games are quick and addicting, and as you level up more complicated maps and longer matches open up as well.

I popped in on a friends recommendation and have spent a LOT of time there since.

Anyone else here play?
If not, check it out.

Mike

I started playing it during the Summer and was hooked. I haven't played as much though because I screwed up the arrow keys on my keyboard from pressing them too hard while playing the game. It makes it too difficult to control my tank now.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 01:06 PM UTC
Chris,
What screen name are you playing under?
I'm mldhoc there.

Warrant officer 1 trying to get my hands on enough crystals for those M3 Twins.. then I can shred folks up close and personal too..

Otherwise it's long range Thunder all the way.
Mike
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 173 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 02:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Chris,
What screen name are you playing under?
I'm mldhoc there.

Warrant officer 1 trying to get my hands on enough crystals for those M3 Twins.. then I can shred folks up close and personal too..

Otherwise it's long range Thunder all the way.
Mike

Mike, I've seen you on there before and tried chatting w/you during the game as I thought your screen name looked familiar. I play as "toadman". Original huh?

I just got my WO2 last week. I usually run a M3 Thunderbird on a Viking hull. I still like the M3 Smokey as all though it isn't that powerful, the high rate of fire and accuracy can make up for it. I like getting right up close on Thunder players as the frag damage from their own round sometimes kills them before they kill me.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures