History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Richard Etchberger - Postumous MOH Viet Nam
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 01:03 PM UTC
The White House announced last week that Obama also intends to award the Medal of Honor to Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Richard Etchberger for his valor in saving the lives of three wounded comrades at a then-secret base in Laos in 1968.

After Etchberger saved his fellow airmen, he was shot and killed by enemy fighters.

The ceremony for Etchberger is scheduled for September 21 at the White House.

Sgt. Etchberger - Thank you for your Sacrifice -
trickymissfit
entire network: 1,388 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The White House announced last week that Obama also intends to award the Medal of Honor to Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Richard Etchberger for his valor in saving the lives of three wounded comrades at a then-secret base in Laos in 1968.

After Etchberger saved his fellow airmen, he was shot and killed by enemy fighters.

The ceremony for Etchberger is scheduled for September 21 at the White House.

Sgt. Etchberger - Thank you for your Sacrifice -

sad thing is that when they pulled out of Laos there were 315 POW's left behind (confirmed later). The Laotian Ambassador to the United States delivered a letter to the President in in the very late 1970's (I wanta say 1978) asking him what he planed on doing about the 315 POW's they were hold/ The President initaled the letter, and then ignored it. Their fate was sealed, and of course never came home. I will never for Carter for this till I die
gary