Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Old Skool Bike Pawn
Watimena
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 01:26 AM UTC
I notice a few people on the Forum here are into cycling a bit, so I thought I would share a bicycle project I'd recently finished. It is a single speed I rebuilt from a bike someone left out to be thrown away.

Here are the before and after shots. This is the fourth bike I own now, I really have to slow down !! Anyway, I'll have more time for modelling now this project is done. Any other cyclists out there, post your rides as well, I'd be curious to check them out.

Before

After

Mmmm white chain, tasty - all those alloy parts were hand polished as well

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 05:26 AM UTC
It looks nice. Good job on it. I recently rebuilt a 1956 J.C. Higgins (Sears & Roebuck) cruiser bike for my daughter. The bike was her grandmother's and in really rough shape. It had about 3 coats of various colored paint and lots of surface rust. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pics. I was lucky to find some replacement parts and the head badge on eBay. I also found a company that makes reproduction decals for it.

Here are the completed pics.

It was a great father - daughter project and my daughter loves it. I think it came out pretty nicely.
Watimena
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 10:26 AM UTC
It does mate, it looks really good ! My old man helped me with a couple of bits, he turned up some axle spacers on his lathe and some other bits and pieces. He wants to find an old BSA or Raleigh to do up.