_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Armor Track Jigs
TMoon
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 11:00 AM UTC
Does anyone know of a seller of Armor Track jigs like the one at this link?
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/tools/pm/tool_pm_tracklink.shtml

I purchase one many years ago and I have been asked where do I get it? Well I can recall and the item is not marked with a vendor or manufacturer.
I googled the Panzer Meister, but no selling site appears.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Moon
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 05:09 PM UTC
Hi, Could not get on to that link for some reason so I am not sure what you have in mind, but I just ordered a Hobbytrax jig for the Panzer IV I am building, I am hopeing that it makes the assembly of the magic tracks a quicker more enjoyable experience for me. Check them out at www. HobbyTrax.net. I saw their product at AMPs in April And No I am not involved with them in anyway except as a customer. milvehfan
TMoon
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 02:20 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply, but I should have been more specific. The HobbyTrax are forming jigs. After assembly you drape them around the forming jig and let them dry.
What I am looking for is a building jig. It basically is a flat piece of metal (so the glue won't stick to it) with a stop on one side and an adjustable sliding stop on the other side. You set up the adjustable side to the width of the track and the will stay in place as you add additional pieces.

Thanks,
Tom Moon
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 10:50 AM UTC
Very Cool, Ill have to get me one of those, I have no patience for the indy track links..LOL, Thanks, milvehfan
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 3,128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 169 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 01:35 AM UTC
If the need is for a jig to hold the track links aligned for assembly...

I built mine for those Dragon Magic Tracks using two 1-foot lengths of 1/4 inch bass-wood as the runners, with 3 pieces of popsicle stick glued across the bottom (ends and middle) to form an "RR track". Made one for each of the track-sets types I have been working of late- PZ I, PZ IV, and PZ 38(t). Wood racks are cheap, easy to make- just size to desired type of track when gluing pieces together.

The plastic glue ignores the wood, and 1-foot gives you the whole length if you so desire.

I assemble a "3/4" side length of track on the rack, gluing links in sections of 10 - 15 per as I add them. Let them set up a little, and drape the length and fit it around the road gear, brace with kleenex balls and small weights, and allow to dry in place.

Just an alternative!
 _GOTOTOP