_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need some info!!!
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hi,
I am looking at purchasing a Dragon PZ IV D upgunned,PZ IV G, PZ IV H or a PZ IV J and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if all of the hatches(Engine,driver and radio op and transmission) can be modeeled open on these?I am going to be putting interior in it and want to be able to view these items inside.On the PZ IV D it says that it has transmission w/excellent detail but does not say if hatches can be modelled open.The PZ IV H and J say nothing about transmission hatches.
I KNOW some of you have these kits and I hope I can get some info.Antbody done what I am talking about doing?I sure would appreciate some help!!!
I am leaning towards the IV D or the IV G.Anyone have one for sale?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
According to the sprue shots of the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.F2(G) (#6360) and the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.E (#6264) on Perth Military Modelling Site, all of the hull and turret hatches/access plates are seperate pieces and can be positioned open. I am assuming that all of their Panzer IV models have the same basic hull and turret.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 3,128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 169 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 04:48 PM UTC
Mike;

Couple of things:

The Dragon Panzer IV ausf D "up-gunned" kit, 6330, does NOT, best of my knowledge, have any transmission or other internal front-section parts. I am looking at mine as I write, and don't see any such parts in the instructions!

I don't think any of the recent Dragon Panzer IV kits - C (superkit), E vorpanzer, F1, F2, G, H, or J, have a tranny, either. Likewise, the related CyberHobby versions D vorpanzer, F vorpanzer, H or J versions, all also lack these interior bits, I believe.

From this, I think your tranny quest will best be assuaged by AM stuff.

As to the hatches- all of the above kits have many detailed hatches on the hull which can be open... crew, brake-access, tranny-access, rear deck mains. Various hatches have add-on detail for those who do position them open. So, there seems lots of opportunity- if one has some additional parts to put in there!

I have no personal knowledge about the early Dragon ausf D and E superkits, but have read a couple of reviews which posit that these first kits had several errors that concerned some folks... read the reviews on these. The later kits I've listed above all seem to have corrected most of the cited gaffs seen in the first couple Dragon put up. Or so all the reviewing experts seem to say!

I can definitely recommend the Dragon D up-gunned kit 6330! Packed full of stuff and a cool version! I can also plump for the F1, E and F vorpanzers, and the H (6300) kit. All are really nice.

I have 2 D -up-gunned kits.... and could part with one (still mint in factory-shrink). PM me if interested?

Cheers! Bob
 _GOTOTOP