_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Quick Wheel masks
RottenFuhrer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 284 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 02:28 PM UTC
I saw this product on this site and tried the manufacturers website but it appears to have "issues". Is this product available stateside?? I can't wait to try it!!
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 08:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I saw this product on this site and tried the manufacturers website but it appears to have "issues". Is this product available stateside?? I can't wait to try it!!

Oh, it works very well! Several places offer this item for sale, including eBay.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 12:34 PM UTC
I paid $15 for a circle cutter from Michaels. Using masking tape, you can create your own wheel masks. Works very well.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 01:45 PM UTC
I just paint the hub its color,apply future let dry,then place a regular piece of masking tape over the hub rub into the wheel where it meets the hub with a tooth pick ,trim with my hobby knife and then spray the wheels comes out good every time
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 3,128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 169 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 04:27 PM UTC
Hi!

Just this evening, I finally used my Royal Model stainless-steel wheel mask template #358 for the first time! Used it on the roadies, idlers and return rollers for a 1/35 Pz IA. Worked like a charm- flat-blacked the wheels (Floquil grimy black) and zapped some acryl schwarzgrau on for the base coat. 5 mins for all and no mess! Whew! I'm heading over to do my Pz. IV-C set next! Can't do better for speed and neatness. I'd recommend one a these gadgets in a heart-beat!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP