_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Yankee Modelworks / Midship Models Kohls Care
decker1
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 03:14 PM UTC

Yankee Modelworks / Midship Models Kohls Cares Model Raffel!

Many of you may be aware that Kohls department store is giving away $10,000,000 to 20 schools across the United

States. To win the money, Kohls is having a "Kohl's Cares Contest" in which you get 20 votes to vote for the most

deserving school in the United States. The 20 schools with the most votes at the end of the contest (September 3rd

will win $500,000). The rules of the contest are simple:

1. You must have a Facebook account.
2. You must "Like" Kohls in your facebook account.
3. You then vote for the schools of your choice, up to 5 TIMES for the same school.

My daughters attend one of the schools that is currently in the running to win $500,000 (Charlotte Jewish Day

School). At the time of this posting, we are in 9th place, which is remarkable for a small school in Charlotte

(there are only ~100 students enrolled at any give time.)

In support of our school, and Kohls Cares Contest, Yankee Modelworks is offering up a bounty for those modelers out

there who would be willing to support our school. The bounty is simple, all you need to do is vote for our school

(Up to 5 TIMES), then email me that you did. For those of you who's votes I verify through the contest page, I will

enter your name into a drawing to be held on September 5th for a FREE Yankee Modelworks or Midship Models kit (Up to

$350 retail value!). For every 200 votes that we verify, we will raffle one winner. 200 votes, one winner, 400

votes, two winners, 1000 votes, 5 winners, you get the idea!

So, log into your facebook account, then you can visit our schools voting site, www.votecjds.com. The site will step

you through the voting process. Once you vote, send me an email and I will confirm your votes and reply back to you.

Email should be sent to: cdecker (at) yankeemodelworks.com.

If you have any questions, you can also email me and I will reply as fast as I can.

Please support our school, and while you are at it, support your local school as well. If you have votes left over,

you can vote for the following schools and get additional entries into our contest:

Silverstein Hebrew Academy
Spartanburg Charter School

All our schools can also be found in the "Top Schools" ranking on the top of the facebook page.

So, get out the vote! Help your school, help our school!

and email me when you vote!

Thanks in advance, and Happy Modeling!
Chris Decker
decker1
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 07:49 AM UTC
All:

We're at 150 votes, so we're about ready to add a second kit to the raffle. if you haven't voted, please give us your support!

-Chris Decker
 _GOTOTOP