_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
IPMS 2010 Nationals
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 05:12 AM UTC
I have heard from several vendors who attended the show in Arizona that their sales were very bad and the few folks who attended the show were not buying that much.

Can any attendees confirm.

Thanks
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 643 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 06:15 AM UTC
I was there for two days. I saw alot of people buying from all of the different vendors. I know some of the prices were quite high. But all and all most were pretty good. Myself I went there to buy. I spent about $1,900.00 on models, tools and stuff.
Tom
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 06:44 AM UTC
I actually spoke to a majority of the vendors and while none of them were jumping up and down about the attendance and sales figures many of them said they were satisfied with both. Obviously the economy might have dampened sales and turnout for the show somewhat, but the show still had in the area of 1700 model entries.

I would like to say that the Phoenix IPMS club did a flawless job from what I saw in organizing the show as well.

Cheers,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 10:41 AM UTC
Overall I don't know how the Vendors wound up by the end of the Convention - but I can say I surely spent more at Phoenix 2010 than I have in the previous five Nationals I've attended combined. MiG Productions and Masterpiece Models rock!

The Contest itself always leaves me with an up and down feeling - but everything else about my trip was fantastic. Hats off to the Phoenix Crew!
RickLawler
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi guys...

This was my first Nationals so I have nothing to compare, but I had a great time. MIG Productions did just fine as a vendor and I had a blast getting the chance to put a few faces to the names.

Jim S. and Jim L. - nice talking to you both.

take care,
Rick
 _GOTOTOP