_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Update to Photo Upload Guidelines
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 11:57 AM UTC
This forum seemed the right place to put this update. There seems to be both some confusion and perhaps some unclear instructions on my part when it comes to the guidelines for direct image uploading. So...once again, I am attempting to set some guidelines. I know that image manipulation is not everyone's strong suit. I just take it for granted as I have been doing it for so long. Anyway if you are someone who has access to upload images directly I would appriciate you re-reading this FAQ. The relevant section I changed is the "What about the file size and dimensions of the image?" question.

How do I add images to the site?

To be very blunt I spent 2 hours today re-sizing photos that were uploaded to the Incoming album and then discovered more "offenders" had been uploaded elsewhere on the site. I really just don't have time to chase all these down....BUT....if I don't we will RAPIDLY exceed our total storage availability and that is obviously something I am very concerned about.

While I am griping though I wanted to thank both Rob (sabot) and Peter (trackpins) for finding and using (to great effect) the right software to resize and compress their images! Thanks guys, it's a big help. And your photos rock!

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Cheers,
Jim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 08:56 PM UTC
Sorry Jim I am most likely guilty. All pics will be at or around 57 k from now on.
Thanks for all the work
Jeff
Removed by original poster on 07/23/07 - 12:24:59 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP