_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Has anyone here bought from LuckyModel.com?
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 363 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:38 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here bought from LuckyModel.com? They have some good prices, but I've never bought from an online store before. If anyone could share their opinions or experiences with them it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks for looking
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 11:14 PM UTC
I've used them for years. JUST be aware that AVAILABLE DOES NOT MEAN IN STOCK and you will end up waiting for a restock for any orders that are marked available.
Also be aware that even though it says "in stock" when you order it, it is really not a very accurate shopping cart, and just may go out of stock before they actually get to your order, and again you'll be on the waiting list for a restock.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:11 AM UTC
I have also been a customer for years and had no major issues with Lucky Models... I do try ordering "in stock" items only as they are shipped immediately, but I did have an experience of "in stock" item becoming "available" during the time they processed my order. Not a big hassle, it just took couple of weeks more for them to get a restock and ship the stuff. Lucky Models have such great prices so that it is no problem for me to be a bit more patient.

Mario
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi Dean. The three online stores I have used quite a few times are Lucky Model, HobbyLink Japan and Sprue Brothers. I have never had any problems with them.

Cheers, D
edoardo
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 642 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 01:34 AM UTC
Hi Dean,
I agree with what as already been said.
I can just add that I found their customare care of a good level: I order some AVALIABLE kit but, after contacting them by email, I could easily cange it with some IN STOCK items in no time and with no surcharge.
Hope this helps
ciao
edo
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 01:59 AM UTC
LuckyModel has been my major supplier for years and never there´s been any kind of trouble with them. Best thing is, you can get some PE manufactures sets with free delivery. I can only recommend.
Mech_Inf
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:06 AM UTC
Received a consignement from LuckyModel 2 weeks ago. everything was as ordered. I also made use of the 'free airmail' offer on some products. Great! I can recommend them.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:49 AM UTC
Like Mario. I also never had any real issues except for one time I ordered a bunch of stuff listed as in stock. When I tracked them , one item that was supposed to be in stock changed to available then back to in stock and then back to available. Well sooner or later, more like later, the thing was finally shipped. Right now it is sitting on a huge pile of my stash models and probably wont work on it for a while . My only concern was that they might charge me for something that they did not send. That didn't happen. So the delay was really no big deal to me. Lucky Model........so far so good............Al
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 02:02 PM UTC
I've used them quite a bit and have always had a great experience. Good products, good prices, quick shipping and good customer service.

cheers;

Bob
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 02:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've used them quite a bit and have always had a great experience. Good products, good prices, quick shipping and good customer service.

Same here. Never had a problem.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,684 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:35 PM UTC
I get all my Griffon PE from them, great prices, free shipping and fast delivery to the States (as long as it's in stock!).
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 363 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 08:02 PM UTC
Okay, I'll deffinately give LuckyModel a try. I might also give HLJ and Sprubrother's a try as well. I'll also keep the stock inconsistancies in mind as well.

Thanks a lot for the input everyone
Phil_H
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC
Dean,

I've also used them for several years and had no major issues.

Just another couple of points to be aware of, as the others have covered the "In Stock" vs "Available" thing.

When you complete your order, you have an option to ship the complete order or split the shipment and ship what's available. Always select the option to split the shipment. Should any part of your order actually be unavailable, they will ship what they have and the outstanding item/s later. You will not be charged additional shipping.

If paying by credit card, you will be expected to pay the full amount up front before the order is processed. I don't find that a problem, as you are committing the funds anyway, but some people have an issue with that (they expect the CC to be charged when they actually ship the items).

Average shipping time for "air mail" items is about 7 days to Sydney.

I've also used HLJ and their service is good, if a little pricey but often that is unavoidable for hard to find items. Always check their "specials" page, you can often find some nice bargains there.
 _GOTOTOP