_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Just some info........
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 11:35 AM UTC
While I was away I was able to do some manuvering with my platoon. Action drills and such. One that we had no idea that we would use actually came into play the day after we were practicing it. I wish I had an overhead view of what it looked like. We were operating in a half troop formation and decided we were going to attack this certain objective in our lane in a wedge. With M1A2's in the lead we crossed LD at around 25-30 mph in column and deployed rapidly into the wedge formation. The total movement from LD to the objective was a little over 4 km which we closed rapidly. The Bradleys and Tanks defending didn't even attepmt to engage us. To my left I had a Tank scanning rapidly. It was the most awesome looking sight I had seen. The The M1 looked like a giant beast searching for food. The sight of 6 Brads and 4 M1's moving so fast and in damn near text-book-perfect formation was a sight in itself. Had I thought about it I would have snapped a picture as we assaulted, but I was having too much fun. Anyway, Just thought I'd share a little bit with all of you. "Q"
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 11:51 AM UTC
That was great Red4, your narrative painted a great picture. If you had included a bit about how the land/sky/weather was I'd have thought I was there with you!
Thx.

Tread.

P.S. Loved the part about a "...giant beast searching for food." :-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 07:59 PM UTC
mmmmm Food..........
That does sounds like it was really cool from above....

Matt
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 08:38 PM UTC
Very Nice Red 4. "Tell us more" We want More, We Want More" LOL

DAGGER WHEN SCIENCE FAIL'S, BRUTE FORCE WIN'S
 _GOTOTOP