_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Noob from Dallas
LSP_Dave
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 07:54 PM UTC
Greetings!

I'm a (gasp!) airplane modeler who has just discovered that building targets can be cool! I'm also rapidly discovering that it takes an entirely different set of skills to do any justice to armor. Needless to say I have a lot to learn, and this seems like a great place to pic up lots of tips.

Please pardon me in advance for the 1st-grader questions I'm bound to ask...
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:11 AM UTC
Welcome to the ground side of things. We have a campaign starting soon about Targets that shoot back. Campaigns are lots of fun and guys share their techniques. All you have to do is sign up below:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=431

milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hi and Welcome. Alot of us ask those 1st-grader questions. I have been modeling on and off for a long time and still have those questions. This site has a wealth of info on it. Searching through the fourms here and observing everyones builds has taught me alot. Jump in with both feet and ask. Many Cool modelers on here will help out. Have Fun & Happy Modeling, milvehfan
cdharwins
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 491 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm a (gasp!) airplane modeler who has just discovered that building targets can be cool!

Welcome to the dark side!

If you have questions, this is the right place. The knowledge here is top-shelf. Take Sal's advice and join a campaign, you'll learn a ton and it's a good time.

05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 11:10 AM UTC
Welcome Dave! Seen you on LSP for a while now. I'm there on a rare basis because drooling on my keyboard from the cool AC builds shorts it out pretty quick. I build the occasional 1/32 skeet to keep me occupied when oils are drying on my treadhead stuff. You may know me as O5OP at LSP.
Have fun!
Rick
LSP_Dave
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 02:40 PM UTC
Thanks guys!

Quoted Text

Welcome Dave! Seen you on LSP for a while now. I'm there on a rare basis because drooling on my keyboard from the cool AC builds shorts it out pretty quick. I build the occasional 1/32 skeet to keep me occupied when oils are drying on my treadhead stuff. You may know me as O5OP at LSP.
Have fun!
Rick

Yep, Rick I recognize the handle from LSP. Glad to 'see' a familiar face! Here's a little peek at whot brung me here lookin' for tips:
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys!

Quoted Text

Have fun!
Rick

Yep, Rick I recognize the handle from LSP. Glad to 'see' a familiar face! Here's a little peek at whot brung me here lookin' for tips:

Yeah! Have a Tamiya edition in my stashland. Gonna do some crazy Ivan armor w/Iraqi marks and schemes first. One of them will be a blown carcass to challenge me. One of the things liked about ground war machines is they can be messy,crunched,missing a LOT of factory issued parts and still be realistic AND real cool.
With AC,"there are no fender benders at 36,000 ft." Everything better be there and square to prevent gravity from taking over. Cool in its own way.
Cheers! and keep on modeling!
Rick
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 04:05 PM UTC
Hello David,

welcome! i live about 22 miles outside of dallas in forney. just wanted to say hello neighbor. have fun modeling!

Gary
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 09:24 AM UTC
I'm in Grand Priairie. We used to have an active group who got together every few weeks up in Plano. But that has kind of gone by the wayside. They have some decent shows around here that cater to all sorts of models (yea planes included). You may already kow that. Looks like you've got a good one with the Abramsn. Tanks aren't to hard to do....the trick is in the wethering....they sure do get dirty fast (I'm an ex-tanker). I mainly do ships now....you want a challenge....do the PE on those buggers.
LSP_Dave
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 09:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm in Grand Priairie. We used to have an active group who got together every few weeks up in Plano. But that has kind of gone by the wayside. They have some decent shows around here that cater to all sorts of models (yea planes included). You may already kow that. Looks like you've got a good one with the Abramsn. Tanks aren't to hard to do....the trick is in the wethering....they sure do get dirty fast (I'm an ex-tanker). I mainly do ships now....you want a challenge....do the PE on those buggers.

Do you mean the group that meets at the Hobby Town in Plano? I've been to a few of those meetings but haven't gone in quite a while due to work conflicts.

Thanks for the welcome!
Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 01:25 PM UTC
Hey there! I build both armor and airplanes, and I have to say that airplanes are great, but there is something about armor that always brings me back for more! Have fun and ask any questions you have--I may not be able to help since I'm also pretty new to everything, but someone here will get to you!
 _GOTOTOP