_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Cel Camera?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
Guys, what celphone has a great zooming function in camera mode? Kailangan ko para sa mga models eh

Yung Sony Erricson P800 ba may zoom? Up to what magnification?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:29 AM UTC
AFAIK, it depends on the application used for the camera, which one could download for free or for a fee, and have it installed from PC to celphone via IrDA or Bluetooth, or directly by using the phone's WAP feature and downloading the application from the WAP site. But be forewarned: celphone camera's do not have a high resolution, said resolution rivalling only the first generation of digital cameras, i.e. those not even reaching 1-megapixel, and you'll be awfully disappointed with the results. You're much better off gettng a stand-alone digital camera, or a traditional camera with nice zoom and auto focus. The newer camera phones that Samsung, Motorola, Ericson, and Nokia are planning to churn out will have megapixel resolution, MMC expandability, and other nifty features - which phones will come either middle next year or late next year, unless the newest 60-series Nokia phone already as a 1-megapixel camera.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

AFAIK, it depends on the application used for the camera, which one could download for free or for a fee, and have it installed from PC to celphone via IrDA or Bluetooth, or directly by using the phone's WAP feature and downloading the application from the WAP site. But be forewarned: celphone camera's do not have a high resolution, said resolution rivalling only the first generation of digital cameras, i.e. those not even reaching 1-megapixel, and you'll be awfully disappointed with the results. You're much better off gettng a stand-alone digital camera, or a traditional camera with nice zoom and auto focus. The newer camera phones that Samsung, Motorola, Ericson, and Nokia are planning to churn out will have megapixel resolution, MMC expandability, and other nifty features - which phones will come either middle next year or late next year, unless the newest 60-series Nokia phone already as a 1-megapixel camera.

Included na ba dito sa magagandang cam yung P800 ng Ericson? 1 MP na ba yon? Darn! Can't wait till next year! Got a lot of things to shoot at!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:40 AM UTC
Not sure. Do your research.

Asking questions does not constitute research - that's an interview. #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure. Do your research.

Okeee, I'll do some research to furnish my inner hunger!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Okeee, I'll do some research to furnish my inner hunger!

Nah, now that'd be foraging for food #:-) Hehehehehe
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 02:15 AM UTC
Haha the "research" word has picked up, huh.

IMO, the cellular phone shouldn't even bother delving into camera's, not that it isn't a notable value-added-addition? to your basic celphone. But a phone is a phone, a camera, well is a whole other thing/gadget.

The camera on the P800, IMO sucks, one of the best quality photo's I've seen come from Samsung's line of camera-phones.

Could rant on about digital camera's and such, but wouldn't want to go astray, and initiate further RESEARCH quips.

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Haha the "research" word has picked up, huh.

IMO, the cellular phone shouldn't even bother delving into camera's, not that it isn't a notable value-added-addition? to your basic celphone. But a phone is a phone, a camera, well is a whole other thing/gadget.

The camera on the P800, IMO sucks, one of the best quality photo's I've seen come from Samsung's line of camera-phones.

Could rant on about digital camera's and such, but wouldn't want to go astray, and initiate further RESEARCH quips.

Ohhhh! I guess my masterplan cannot be done!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 03:13 AM UTC
Re:Cameras and celphones, I like it and I like it a lot. :-) Useful also. One can send images on the fly, say to someone's email address. It can also be used as proof in a traffic accident. In my case, when the car broke down, I took pix of it and sent the images to my dad and my uncle to give me advice on what to do. A digital camera can't do that - unless it has a built-in WiFi adaptor - but then, how many WiFi hotspots are here in the country? And if you're doing some undercover work, it's a great tool. Remember that Gringo photo of him visiting the rebel unit? I reckon it was taken with a celphone camera considering the image resolution and angle of the shot. Probably not a 7650 - that'd be too obvious. Might be a 3650, P800, or one of the Samsung phones. BTW, don't get misinterpret me. Camera phones have their uses, and "synergized" (gee I hate that word - unfortunately, for lack of a better term, I have to use it hehe) tools would be the future consumer product - until they become Star Trek's tricorder and will do practically anything except cook your food hehehehe!

Picture resolution on today's phones aren't fantastic. However, in the very near future - say next year at the earliest - get ready to see some megapixel cameras built-in the celphone.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 03:58 AM UTC
well you guys are lucky..I mean in terms of cellphones you are more advanced !!.. Canada is not really into the mobile technology ..Canadians just use theirs as an ordinary phones.. considering their rates mas mura pa sa atin.. saka hindi uso text ..It's a good thing my sister in law came here and brought a nokia 7210(with accessories) ..pero bihira lang namin gamitin... overall GI is right picture camera is the next innovation...
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Re:Cameras and celphones, I like it and I like it a lot. :-) Useful also. One can send images on the fly, say to someone's email address. It can also be used as proof in a traffic accident. In my case, when the car broke down, I took pix of it and sent the images to my dad and my uncle to give me advice on what to do. A digital camera can't do that - unless it has a built-in WiFi adaptor - but then, how many WiFi hotspots are here in the country? And if you're doing some undercover work, it's a great tool. Remember that Gringo photo of him visiting the rebel unit? I reckon it was taken with a celphone camera considering the image resolution and angle of the shot. Probably not a 7650 - that'd be too obvious. Might be a 3650, P800, or one of the Samsung phones. BTW, don't get misinterpret me. Camera phones have their uses, and "synergized" (gee I hate that word - unfortunately, for lack of a better term, I have to use it hehe) tools would be the future consumer product - until they become Star Trek's tricorder and will do practically anything except cook your food hehehehe!

Picture resolution on today's phones aren't fantastic. However, in the very near future - say next year at the earliest - get ready to see some megapixel cameras built-in the celphone.

good point re: the usefullness.

but then, I was thinking more of "it" being an investment (hell I believe, everything is an investment nowadays) and it seems that it'd be a better bang for your buck (quality-wise) to get a separate digi-cam. but then again, the concept of its' use, spying, recon, traffic-report, and what have you, does kinda level the playing field with regards to "usefullness"?

my point exactly, is that unless they have at least 4.0 megapixels on that cel-cam, I'm not picking that up. Hehe! Last I heard, there was this bogus phone, bogus being unbelievable FOR NOW, that would be released by Sanyo? that has 3.0 megapixels. Hmmm...

That aside, the Samsung Phones have my vote when it comes to pic-quality. I've seen the P800's, not really that great. The samsung phone can also take pictures even when it's folded.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:16 PM UTC
Wanted to clarify some things with me previous post...

1) I'm not advocating going only the way of a celphone/digicam combo. The digicam has it's place, and when the celphone starts having 5-megapixel, the digicam would have 20-megapixel, could send your photos via WiFi, could store video for 2 hours, cook your food... you know what I mean :-)

2) I would still prefer having a separate digital camera - kahit 1.3 megapixel lang yan. One downside for celphone cameras is the memory capacity - small. Even with MMC, there's still a lot of things a celphone puts in that bag. A digicam can go up to GB in terms of memory (if such is already existing - current flash cards - USB drives actually - have up to 2GB and the size of the unit is very small. It wouldn't be long digicams would have 2 or 3 GB memory).

That said, I'm happy with my current "digital" setup - 7650 with video recorder program, and a first generation 640x800 resolution digital camera :-) Though I'd sorely upgrade the camera with something at least 2.3 megapixel, and perhaps exchange the 7650 with something like the P800 or the newer 60-series phones that have expandable MMC (greedy ain't I? #:-) hehehehehe)
 _GOTOTOP