_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby shops in Milano (Italy)?
bajtur
Visit this Community
Slovenia
entire network: 105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 09:15 PM UTC
Hi all!
I'm going to visit Milano tomorrow so I need some addresses of modelling shops in the city.

Thanks in advance

Primož
edoardo
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 642 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:17 PM UTC
Hi Primoz and welcome to Milan!
Unfortunately there are not many modeling shops in the city: our hobby doesn't seem to be very popular anymore.
Anyway I can give you some advice:
one 'historical' shop is MOVO active scince 1932 (!) its focus is on railroad modelling and radio controlled aircraft (MOVO stand for MOdelli VOlanti = flying models) but you can find also many other items. Have a look at their site (www.movo.it) as you see the have a new store near the Linate airport which seems very interesting (never been there though as it is quite a new location).
Another shop is Modellismo Magistroni (via Sempione 26, Pero) which is quite near the new Fair. It is a small shop but it has a good range of products and the guy is really nice (besides it it just by my house ).
Than you could go to MisterKit it has a very good site (www.misterkit.com) but there is a shop too (even if on the outskirts of the city): it is not a very big shop but is packed to the celing with model boxes. Their range is huge (PE, resin, decal, just name it) but the guys are not so kind and also have a pricing policy which is to me, irritating: they charge the shipping cost also if you go to their shop!!! i.e. I bought there a Roden DH2 1:32 kit for €40, on the site it is €33.33 + €8,50 of shipping cost (!).
Anyway the address is: via Albarelle 45 Rozzano
Another shop is Il Cucciolo, via Emanuele Filiberto 4. It is in the city and, indeed, it is not very big. Rather small, I'd say. Also it has not a big stock.
But if you want to have a good laught go defietly there!
It is a 2 windows shop: the first one is directed by the wife, baby dresses, dolls, napkins and such. The other one is directed by the housband: tanks, planes and railroad models! And the two of them keep on arguing with each other! Really funny and surreal!

Have a nice stay in the city (by the way: prepare to suffer heat, we are reaching +40° these days!)!
ciao
Edo
bajtur
Visit this Community
Slovenia
entire network: 105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:51 PM UTC
Thank you very much Edo!

Primož
 _GOTOTOP