_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Features Discussion
jomz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 07:21 AM UTC
Hey Guys!

I haven't found any way of discussing a feature article/model in the front page. While looking for a thread on the specific subject could be another way, I thought It'd be nice for us Filipino's to discuss on a featured article/model, too. Our friend cris has had his share of the limelight -- and its own thread here in the Filipino Modelers Phorum(di ko ma-gets kung baket PHORUM, hehe). Ayun!

Did you guys see the featured ARMOR, right now? The Tamiya King Tiger(1/35) w/Aber PE. I'm not much of a WWII modeler, but I think I really got to appreciate the detail on this one. I liked the mud effects. The ABER PE parts, I couldn't distinguish from the OOB (naks, marunong nako mag -acronyms) detail, anyone care to explain which one is which?

shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 12:25 AM UTC
Sa feature discussion, isesend mo yung feature mo sa one of the staff in Armorama. They'll upload it depending on how good it was, how clearly the story is emphasized and kung maganda yung mga shots. In a few weeks, nandoon na sya!
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sa feature discussion, isesend mo yung feature mo sa one of the staff in Armorama. They'll upload it depending on how good it was, how clearly the story is emphasized and kung maganda yung mga shots. In a few weeks, nandoon na sya!

err..you lost me...I don't remember me asking about HOW to get a FEATURE posted...Just wanted a place for us to discuss a featured article, since most of the new ones haven't had any "discuss this article" button allotted.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 12:23 PM UTC
As to bakit "Phorum" this is the story:

Nagtanong si Jim kung kelangan na ba natin ng sarili nating forum. Syempre "Yes" kasi cool na tayong mga Pinoy magkakaroon na ng tambayan dito. Tanong nya rin kung anong national language natin. "Filipino" di ba? Nagtaka sya: bakit "Filipino" e taga-"Philippines" tayo. Kaya yun
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 01:50 PM UTC
agree ako dyan.. kasi minsan we share the same ideas mga pinoy.. di ba? saka pwede na ako mag post nang images..(my work, competitions dito saka, yung request mo jeepney ...) hahabol pa sa ako sa summer dito hehe...(saan ko kaya i popost yun..baka magalit si Jim) i just got a digi cam ... :-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:16 PM UTC
Email na lang hehe
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

agree ako dyan.. kasi minsan we share the same ideas mga pinoy.. di ba? saka pwede na ako mag post nang images..(my work, competitions dito saka, yung request mo jeepney ...) hahabol pa sa ako sa summer dito hehe...(saan ko kaya i popost yun..baka magalit si Jim) i just got a digi cam ... :-)

hrrmm...one feature I wish Armorama had was for us to be able to upload pictures for use in the forums, something like the one AutomotiveForums (pardon the comparison) has. Oh well, I've sent a feedback form articulating it -- hope it gets noticed. hehe!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As to bakit "Phorum" this is the story:

Nagtanong si Jim kung kelangan na ba natin ng sarili nating forum. Syempre "Yes" kasi cool na tayong mga Pinoy magkakaroon na ng tambayan dito. Tanong nya rin kung anong national language natin. "Filipino" di ba? Nagtaka sya: bakit "Filipino" e taga-"Philippines" tayo. Kaya yun

Errr... I guess phorum to produce the Filipino slang for the word forum. BTW, didn't you see the spelling of Philippines? It's spelled as Phillipines with double "L" and not double "P"
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:58 PM UTC
As soon as I email Staff_Jim and GunTruck the pix, I might - repeat, might so it's an iffy proposition - have my very first article on Armorama at the Features Page, since I already emailed to Staff_Jim the text file, but not the pix. It's all about my Cold War Campaign entry - the SA-9 Gaskin Mod-A, if you're curious as to what it is.

I have several other "articles" in mind, one is a "feel good" article titled "Why Build OOTB" (have yet to make a working draft), and several articles on my campaign builds - M1A2E1 Thunderbolt, T-2000 Black Eagle, BMP-1 with BMPT turret, and HMLRS, all for the Twilight 2000 Campaign, and the T-26A, T-26 with twin turret, and T-38 for the Barbarossa Campaign.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC
to those who have Paranaque Cable (cablelink) as their cable-tv-provider, you should've watched channel 59 last night, they had this 2 hour long feature about WWII but particularly dealt with the Pacific theatre of war. (++)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 05:14 PM UTC
With regard to Paranaque Cable, is it true that, thanks to a local current affairs program, Paranaque Cable isn't showing the Wowow Channel? Damn, I miss that channel. There is a good reason why it's called "Wowow." X:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 10:50 PM UTC
Gl, wowow was available yesterday night. Kaya nga di ako nakareply sa text ni jomz eh heheheehe.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

With regard to Paranaque Cable, is it true that, thanks to a local current affairs program, Paranaque Cable isn't showing the Wowow Channel? Damn, I miss that channel. There is a good reason why it's called "Wowow." X:-)

hehe, yeah it was supposedly removed a few weeks back. last night; obviously with shonen's account -- it was revived. a chinese-movie-channel-ala-Star Mandarin replaced wowow when it went off air. it still reverts from time-to-time to that crappy chinese channel, but hey it's a saturday night! i'll expect shonen to be tuned in.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 02:44 AM UTC
Heheheheehe! You're right jomz! Lagi nga akong mga 2 am natutulog eh. Sentry rin ako ng bahay pag gabi
 _GOTOTOP