_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New to the forums
199lives
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hi all,

Am a New Zealander living in Japan currently who has been bitten seriously hard by the modeling bug. My grandfather built kits, my father previously built them and now I build them as well.

It's been 16 years since I started building (am now 26) and until recently have been focused on 1/24 scale cars. Although recently I have started building WW1 and WW2 planes as I am fascinated with them.

Recently I purchased the Dragon 1/48 Fokker Dr.1 with Red Baron bust here in Japan (the joys of living in model paradise) and also the popular warbirds of WW2.

Look forward to meeting you all in the threads and learning and being able to contribute something to this forum.

Kind regards

Aaron
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 09:12 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Post pics when you can. Check in with AussieReg, he's always looking for chevy builders.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC
G'day Aaron,

Welcome to Kitmaker, mate! Between the autos and the wingy things there are tons of friendly peeps here to help you and share your new found passion

Rudi

p.s. I might not be as friendly once the Tri-Nations starts
199lives
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi guys, thanks for the friendly welcome aboard.

I will hopefully get cranking this weekend on one of the models. Been out of the loop of building for far too long now so will be good to get cracking again.

I am sure the 1/48 Fokker is talking to me although need to sort out how to go about painting it in an actual red not the glossy rattlecans which Tamiya and so on supply.

Kind regards

Aaron
SccccF
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 11:52 PM UTC
welcome
 _GOTOTOP