_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Proposed Operation Quick Strike 6 Sept 03
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 06:26 PM UTC
Starting 30 August to 14 September will be the annual Manila International Bookfair to be held at Megamall. I've been a regular goer there and I highly recommend you guys go as well. Lots of books there, many in discounted prices.

That said, how 'bout a nice Operation Quick Strike in Lils, Megamall, on 6 September - that be a Saturday, at around, oh, 2 or 3 in the afternoon? I'll be going to the bookfair directly from school, class to be dismissed at 12 noon, and I'll be taking a bus from Buendia, probably be there at around 1 or 1:30PM. Assuming you guys go to the bookfair as well, after doing the shopping, let's all meet at Lils at 2:30 or 3PM. IIRC, some of us are within the area like Crismag and Fritz, so why not meet, kahit saglit lang (hence, the term Quick Strike - a brief meet for those who can't stay too long in the area)?

I have sent an SMS to Jeep, SR, and Warthog, and the latter 2 have given their possible-go.

If you want, you can bring a model kit or two, finished or unfinished, for us to see what we've been tinkering around these days. I might bring either the cutesy duo (T-38 and T-26A), or my monster (M1A2E1 Thunderbolt - hmph good luck to me if I can fit it in me bag without breaking it ) We'll also talk about Operation Corregidor 2004 just to see if anyone's interested about it.

So, if you're a possible-go, post up here! :-)

Here's hoping Crismag's original Operation Eyeball proposal months ago comes to fruition in this Quick Strike.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 11:31 PM UTC
Lone and I WILL DEFINITELY come! As for a kit? Hmmm.... kung pwede kong dalhin yung car baka dalhin ko yung SCUD? (err... laki pa la noon)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 12:15 PM UTC
Will definitely go IF our dratted PGM doesn't force us to work overtime again
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:46 PM UTC
wow! count me in
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

wow! count me in

FINALLY! :-) At last, matutupad na din ang original Operation Eyeball proposal ni Cris! :-) And since Albert is in QC also, maybe he could also come! :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

wow! count me in

FINALLY! :-) At last, matutupad na din ang original Operation Eyeball proposal ni Cris! :-) And since Albert is in QC also, maybe he could also come! :-)

hehehe. BTW, can't you make it a little earlier? Ang time na nilagay mo is around 1-3pm. Lone and I will be there around 10-12 for some "personal reasons" Baka kasi umuwi kami around 3 or 4 kasi may gagawin pa ko sa home eh.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC
Also? Who will be the contact man? Will it be you Gl? Get everyone's number for zeroing into a single target area.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC
EB ulit? Sama ako! ^_^
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

EB ulit? Sama ako! ^_^

Syempre naman! Kailangan eh! Remember?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:13 AM UTC
Yeah, I guess I'll be the node - or something like that - for this op. So, if anyone's interested, PM me your cel numbers.

SR: Reason why it's around 3pm, and not in the morning, is because I've got class on that day which endeth at noone tyme, 12 hours past midnight. :-) (I'm in an Englishman mode, so please do be patient with me in my, shall we say, "unusual" spelling and grammar #:-) ).

Unless, because of the late day and the most urgent of reasons, some of ye would prefer to meet an hour earlier than that stipulated in the original topic post. In doing so, another shall serve as the node for such earlier meeting, as I would be in class, under a withering fire of brimstone from me arbitrary - nay - EVIL! - professor. Alternatively, we could advance the 3pm meet not later than 2pm, and I will thus do my book shopping after the operation, i.e. after I have seen ye comrades at the hobby shop and had me fill of tea and biscuits, after which I make haste to the book fair to get me some much needed reading material, both for pleasure and for study.

Oh, by the way, the reason it is called an Operation Quick Strike because, for some of us like me, it would be a simple "Hello, nice meeting ye" and "Goodbye, jolly meeting ye" due to time constraints, rather than an extended Operation Eyeball - however, indeed, some might consider this an Operation Eyeball because for them the meet would be of a much longer time and involve more than just a hello and goodbye, such as browsing through the shelves, simple talk, or even some tea and scones or beer at the nearby pub. For me, definitely, it will be a simple Quick Strike, but for others, it would be an Eyeball. Nonetheless, this is all goobleygook, just semantics, and if we reduce it to the barest minimum, it is, after much discussion, a simple Eyeball. #:-)

Ano! Kaya niyo ba yan Englishman mode?!? May matching faux-British accent pa yan! Hehehehehe #:-) #:-) #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah, I guess I'll be the node - or something like that - for this op. So, if anyone's interested, PM me your cel numbers.

SR: Reason why it's around 3pm, and not in the morning, is because I've got class on that day which endeth at noone tyme, 12 hours past midnight. :-) (I'm in an Englishman mode, so please do be patient with me in my, shall we say, "unusual" spelling and grammar #:-) ).

Unless, because of the late day and the most urgent of reasons, some of ye would prefer to meet an hour earlier than that stipulated in the original topic post. In doing so, another shall serve as the node for such earlier meeting, as I would be in class, under a withering fire of brimstone from me arbitrary - nay - EVIL! - professor. Alternatively, we could advance the 3pm meet not later than 2pm, and I will thus do my book shopping after the operation, i.e. after I have seen ye comrades at the hobby shop and had me fill of tea and biscuits, after which I make haste to the book fair to get me some much needed reading material, both for pleasure and for study.

Oh, by the way, the reason it is called an Operation Quick Strike because, for some of us like me, it would be a simple "Hello, nice meeting ye" and "Goodbye, jolly meeting ye" due to time constraints, rather than an extended Operation Eyeball - however, indeed, some might consider this an Operation Eyeball because for them the meet would be of a much longer time and involve more than just a hello and goodbye, such as browsing through the shelves, simple talk, or even some tea and scones or beer at the nearby pub. For me, definitely, it will be a simple Quick Strike, but for others, it would be an Eyeball. Nonetheless, this is all goobleygook, just semantics, and if we reduce it to the barest minimum, it is, after much discussion, a simple Eyeball. #:-)

Ano! Kaya niyo ba yan Englishman mode?!? May matching faux-British accent pa yan! Hehehehehe #:-) #:-) #:-)

Bago mo pa mabrowse yung modeling books, I'll get it before you! :-) #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:36 AM UTC
Which modelling books? The Danielle Graham model types, or the plastic model types? Hehehehe

Past bookfairs, not much on the hobby directly - except for a few FineScale and hobby magazines. Now, on military books - I'M GOING TO KILL THE PERSON WHO GETS HUNNICUTT'S OR ZALOGA'S BOOKS BEFORE I DO! #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Which modelling books? The Danielle Graham model types, or the plastic model types? Hehehehe

Past bookfairs, not much on the hobby directly - except for a few FineScale and hobby magazines. Now, on military books - I'M GOING TO KILL THE PERSON WHO GETS HUNNICUTT'S OR ZALOGA'S BOOKS BEFORE I DO! #:-)

Uhhhh, is it a modeling book? Hehehehe
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:48 AM UTC
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

:p

Anyways I'll do a research hehehehe

BTW, I'll return the book back. Thanks a million! Sold a hell of copies to many modelers #:-) #:-) #:-) Hahahaahah! Just kidding
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:55 AM UTC
Count me in! I hope. Unless some project meeting hinders me to do so!

Quoted Text

SR: Reason why it's around 3pm, and not in the morning, is because I've got class on that day which endeth at noone tyme, 12 hours past midnight. (I'm in an Englishman mode, so please do be patient with me in my, shall we say, "unusual" spelling and grammar ).

Oh I can't believe this! Another English accent speaking person. That makes 3 of us GI. Another guy I know that can speak in English accent is my schoolmate.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 05:18 PM UTC
Fritz: Hmmm... we DO have a lot of things in common. Indeed, great minds think alike, right? :-)

Ok, everyone who is interested in this Op: QS, raise your left foot and wiggle your right foot's middle toe, then PM me your cel number to establish the communications grid. :-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 03:47 PM UTC
I'm not really sure if I can go because the other Commander-in-Chief is coming on that weekend to finalize plans for D-Day next year I'll do a quick recon if I'm in the vicinity.
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 04:36 PM UTC
GIB: Sorry, I have to backtrack on my commitment to go on Sept.6 . Although I'll be in the vicinity (Shangrila) I might not be able to go there at the specified time -- my wife told me that we have to attend a wedding at the Archbishop's palace and the reception is in shangrila , at 3:00 PM....bakit...bakit...sumabay pa ang kasal.....
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 07:43 PM UTC
Jeep and Warthog: No problem. There's always a next time (unless the Andromeda comes crashing down the Milky Way, thereby restarting the feeding process of our very own black hole in the centre of the galaxy, resulting to the great devouring of countless of star systems, rendering impossible the coming of the next day hehehehehe).

Jeep: Enjoy your time with Supreme High Command. :-)

Warthog: Hell, you'll have access to a lot of wonderful food at the wedding reception! :-) Whereas us might just have to content ourselves eating grass and crackers hehehehe #:-)
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(unless the Andromeda comes crashing down the Milky Way, thereby restarting the feeding process of our very own black hole in the centre of the galaxy, resulting to the great devouring of countless of star systems, rendering impossible the coming of the next day hehehehehe).

In the name of the father & of the son & of the Holy spirit, My goodness gracious, Oh my golly wow!!!! Napanood mo rin yung show na iyon sa BBC? huwag mong sabihin na may similarity ang genetic codes natin.
About the "bringing of kits", I don't think I can fit my recently finished Panzer IV into a "NORMAL" container.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:18 AM UTC
Fritz: Goodness, you watched it, too? Well, as they say, "Great minds think alike!"

Reading your profile at the Fropile thread, I must say, we DO have a lot of similarities hehehehe! What classical music do you listen? How many cats do you have?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:18 AM UTC
Fritz: Goodness, you watched it, too? Well, as they say, "Great minds think alike!"

Reading your profile at the Fropile thread, I must say, we DO have a lot of similarities hehehehe! What classical music do you listen? How many cats do you have?
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

UUUUUUUY! ISMELL ROMANCE!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:32 PM UTC
You're just jealous Cris hehehehe
 _GOTOTOP