Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
R.I.P. England....
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 05:56 AM UTC
The third time this WC, we were all present at the death of a national side. First, the implosion of France, the creaking death of a thousand zimmer-frames of Italy and now, the 'Glory Boys' of England c.1970.

Never mind the smokescreen of a legal goal being disallowed, England finally went back into the obscurity they've been seeking for so long. Capello will hopefully fall on his sword, hopefully though he'll now take with him Terry, Rooney, James and the rest of this team of losers.

Germany are young, fast, understand what the wings exist for and whilst they still have some doubts (particularly in goal) they look like a team - not a group of mates kicking a ball around on a sunday afyer a piss-up the night before.

There are no nice ways to see this - England as a serious side are dead in the water. This of course assumes they ever were one?

Wheel out the video of the disallowed goal and the glory days of 1966. Maybe that'll make SOME feel better...
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 06:18 AM UTC
Not really much anyone can add to that Jim pretty much summed it up in a nut shell
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 06:24 AM UTC
If the not allowed goal (can't say disallowed as it was never allowed in the first place) was given, it might have effected the match, we will never know.
England didn't deserve any better, we were poor through out the whole competition.
Lampard, Rooney, Johnson, Terry, Heskey, Barry, Upson, and Lennon, World Class, not on this showing.
The only players to come out of this with any decency left was Cashley Cole and Gerrard.
England got what they deserved, nothing.
Andy
FalkeEins
Visit this Community
entire network: 868 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 06:29 AM UTC

what a waste of Ģ5 million (or whatever the managers salary was ! ) obscene is not the word - compare to say France manager Domenech's paltry Ģ1 million. Rooney et al really didn't look like they wanted to be there - they probably didn't - and would much rather have been be slumming it around a pool in some exotic location with their WAGs - lets hope we've seen the last of the lot of them !
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 06:44 AM UTC
Well certainly England has had a useless world cup. I canīt believe players of this calibre can play so poorly as a team. The defence was disaster and the midfield not much better. With nothing happening upfront, not one player can hold their head up after this showing. I feel sorry for Robert Green who was almost solely made responsible for the first game. He didnīt have much influence on the three games after that. But theres always the goal that wasnīt given to blame this time round. Capello picking up Ģ6 million for his efforts wont sit well either.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 06:50 AM UTC
St George's Cross

Update:

St George is now absolutely bloody livid..............
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 08:04 AM UTC
You have to wonder if the massive salaries in the Premier League have taken away some of the hunger to win.

Perhaps if failure in the National side brought a mandatory 50% pay cut in the League they'd be a bit more keen to get it right!

(I'll stop short of public execution for the moment...)

Of course, we also have to accept that the Germans played a very effective and professional game, and deserved to win.

Tom
afv_rob
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 10:11 AM UTC
Better team won. Theres no way England deserved to achieve anything in this world cup based on their four performances. Once again we have all the 1966 hype and the idiotic comments about 'the war' and the Germans thrash us.
Self-Propelled
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 10:13 AM UTC
I have to say that what we showed from '36 until '65 was also crap, we fell asleep after the 2:1. I feel sorry for the 2:2 decision but honestly, the brits would've lost anyway. We were better but not as good as the media here reports it.
Bigskip
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 10:33 AM UTC
Looks like Wayne Rooney has beaten David Blaines record of 42 days in a box doing nothing at all!!

Ashamed, dissapointed.
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 11:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like Wayne Rooney has beaten David Blaines record of 42 days in a box doing nothing at all!!

lol

it was absolutely pathetic, they all played like they couldn't care less if they one or lost the whole time they have been there, there will of course be the obvious excuses already being thrown out by the england setup, "the ball, worst ball ever seen according to capello" not for everyone else, the goal that was not allowed if we had been awarded it we probably still would of lost

lets just look at it logically you are not going to get anywhere with players who don't care, a manager who refuses to bend and therefore plays them where he wants.

quite frankly looking at their performance my two year old could have done better at least he is stubborn enough to see it through to the end of course half time would have to be extended to an hour so he could nap.

at least one thing the German's did us a favour by thrashing us we didn't have to sit through another penalty shoot out

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Better team won. Theres no way England deserved to achieve anything in this world cup based on their four performances. Once again we have all the 1966 hype and the idiotic comments about 'the war' and the Germans thrash us.

Absolutely - those idiots in Sky News are still obsessing over the 'Phantom Goal' it wasn't that. If it had gone up on the board the Germans would just have scored 3-4 more.

My thoughts are with those fans who paid a fortune to support their national side and, as we say here, 'Tratado como Gilipollas' (treated like **Sholes)

Curious dichotomy. The Spanish selection DON'T have the support they deserve - the Spanish players STILL consider it an honor to wear the national shirt, Spanish fans can't move their butts to see the team play.

England have an excellent group of supporters, pity their players don't see it as any more than a way of increasing their marketing profile.

I'm not English, but I feel the pain of every REAL fan out there...
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 09:40 PM UTC
England lacked, passion, pride, and the will to win, more importantly they didn't function as a cohesive unit, time and time again the German side, probed for a weakness, found it and exploited it. considering there's only three real experienced players (Klose, Schweinstieger, and Podolsky) in what is a very young squad it was those three players that punished England. at the end of the first half at 2-1 they should have watched the replays and saw where the germans had punished them, but they didn't they just went out and didn't play. overpaid, and overrated. i bet Brian Blessed feels like a right idiot with his 'once more into the breech...' plug sorry Brian, unless you were promising them a bigger bonus or a new super car that speech wasn't stirring anything up in them prima donnas. an utter disgrace.
if that's the future of English football well R.I.P. England seems very fitting. that's my opinion.
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 11:00 PM UTC
Lol

I blame Terry. Awful positioning for the first two goals. And also generally poor for the last 8 months in an England or Chelski shirt.
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 12:41 AM UTC
Try again.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 08:17 AM UTC
While I don't follow the whole thing as some do I have to add this-
Chin up England, your ranked 8th while the US is down at 14th!

Funny thing, on this side of the pond football is another sport{Go Bears!} while this is called soccer- go figure.

...back to building models now...
Bigskip
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 08:57 AM UTC
Time for a small rant.

Anyone who wears their countries shirt should at least be able to sing the national anthem. Half, or more of the England squad stand there not even trying to mouth the words, if i was manager, they would not be picked again. How can you have pride in representing your country if you don't even bother to sing the Anthem. They should take a leaf from the rugby Union boys, they belt it out (still play like old ladies at times though).

Rant off.

docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 11:55 AM UTC
I am sorry but the overpaid premadonnas should donate there world cup earings to "help the heroes" at least then the money will go to some one who know what representing there country actually means and is prepared to give there lives for that honour.

But they wont because none of them understands the word "Honour" or "pride" or how to give everything you have for your country.

Keith
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 09:32 PM UTC
here here Keith! well said mate. the losers even jetted home in first class! what an insult. at least the french team travelled economy. because they knew they'd not only let them selves down but also the hopes of their people and country.
Torchy
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 10:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the losers even jetted home in first class! what an insult..

I would have made the w*&$Ģ*s walk home,overpaid under achivers, let us down again
DaveCox
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 10:35 AM UTC
Reposted from a facebook status:

Two planes landed in England today, one brought back a group of overpaid, underachieving footballers. The other brought back seven coffins, each with the Union Jack draped over them. Footballers play for our country, soldiers FIGHT for our country. Footballers give ninety minutes, soldiers give their lives. I know who I respect more. The word HERO is often used in the wrong place, and I know who deserves it more...
Torchy
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 11:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Two planes landed in England today, one brought back a group of overpaid, underachieving footballers. The other brought back seven coffins, each with the Union Jack draped over them. Footballers play for our country, soldiers FIGHT for our country. Footballers give ninety minutes, soldiers give their lives. I know who I respect more. The word HERO is often used in the wrong place, and I know who deserves it more...

Sadly the underachieving footballers will get more press than the REAL HEROS

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 09:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sadly the underachieving footballers will get more press than the REAL HEROS

Hear, Hear!
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:12 PM UTC
Better to laugh than cry,

What's the difference between Cinderella and the England football team?
Cinderella wanted to get to the ball....

Osama bin Laden has just released a new TV message to prove he is still alive. He said that the England Team performance on Saturday was completely rubbish.
British intelligence have dismissed the claim, stating that the message could have been recorded anytime in the last 44 years.

Robert Green - The only man to leave Africa with out catching anything .

I can't believe we only managed a draw against a crap team we should easily have beaten......I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian.

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning,
"its so good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling, and facing the impossible" said Jamal Omboto, aged 6.

Fifa have released a statement saying the fan didn't break into the dressing room after all, but was let in by Rob Green.

What's the difference between Rob Green's spill and BP's spill?
- Robert Green has got a cap for his.

Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car
park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He
stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which the old lady replied,
"No way. You got yourself into this bloody mess, don't ask me to sort it
out..."

Andy