_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from Irmo, USA
tshuka
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:52 AM UTC
Greetings. I was following a link of a ship document to ModelShipWrights when I stumbled on the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. I happen to be looking for an Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25B Doolittle Raiders kit #3430. I am still looking for it.

I started modeling at about seven years old, but stopped by the time I got to high school. The only model that I have completed since then is a WACO glider which was used by the 101st Airborne Division during WWII. I did it for my Dad. Since he has passed away, I have recently set it in a diorama of a field with a hedgerow. About three years ago I pulled out a Cutty Sark that I had purchased in 1976. I do more thinking and preparation than I do modeling.

My current interests are wip's of a Revell 1/96 Cutty Sark and, in addition, a conversion to the Portuguese Maria de Amparo. I am kind-of building both at the same time. There is a good deal of scratch-bulding going into these ships, so production is very slow and limited by time availability. I hope to be able to complete a Revell 1/96 USS Constitution before I am too old to do so.

I am looking forward to learning from others on this site, and maybe I might have a little to add!
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:56 AM UTC
Welcome aboard!

Where is Irmo?

Look forward to seeing your pics.

I've got the AM B-25B, but I'm not yet ready to part with it.
JKRobinson
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 06:33 AM UTC
Irmo - I raise more okra, SC, home of the biggest okra festival in the US?

JR
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 07:07 AM UTC
Works for me, Gumbo?
 _GOTOTOP