Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Time-Life Books
LSniper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 09:21 AM UTC
Does anyone have a full collection of the World War 2 Time -Life Books. I have a near complete collection i'm just missing a few of them plus i have a complete collection of The vietnam Experience. I was just wondering if anyone else had these books or any other complete collections you might have.

Matt
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 06:47 AM UTC
I have the complete WWII Collection by Marshall Cavendish, 22 volumes,I bought it used about 25 years ago.I still enjoy thumbing thru it.good pics and tech data.
LSniper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
Nice ya the time life books have really good pics in them
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 12:16 PM UTC
Hello Matt,
Let me know which ones you are missing, I have at least 5 sets of all of the time-life war books. I would be happy to let you have them.
Cheers,
Bruce
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 01:10 AM UTC
I have a full set and a partial set of the World War II series. Plus a partial set of the Old West.

My wonderful ex-wife kept my Full set of WWII books along with my Epic of Flight series. My mother did rescue the WWII set, but the others are who knows where.

My current wife thinks I am nust for wanting the hard copy books around. But, I just love to pick one up and look through it. The pictures are great and the writing isn't bad either.

tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 - 05:17 AM UTC
I happen to have the full set of Time Life WWII books too. My mom bought them all when they first came out. I remember flipping through them as a kid and enjoyed them all.
newdriftking
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 75 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 08:50 AM UTC
I just bought The SS time-life book, from a school fair for 20p!!

Very interesting reading and good reference material.

Paul.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 12:46 PM UTC
I have the complete set of the History of World War II as well, I think. When I first got them, there was a list of the other titles printed on an overleaf page but later volumes stopped printing it. I once called Time Life to ask how many there were in the set but got the "We reserve the right to publish as many as we want." answer. Eventually they quit coming so I assumed i got them all. If anybody has a list of the titles in the series I'd love to see it to compare with what I do have.

As to other books, I just scored a large pictorial book called The First World War - A Photographic History published in 1933 by Daily Express Publications of London.

I also scored a 4 volume set called The US Air Service in World War I which was printed from the USAF archives by the Office of Air Force History from a post WWI project where aviators and officers and men of aviation units wrote everything from technical reports to anecdotes to historical reports on the experiences and actions of the US air command and its fighters and pilots. It remained in the Air Force archives for many years and finally someone thought it was worth publishing so historians and military buffs could finally see it. They stayed faithful to the original writings and changed nothing. It's interesting to see variations on words like strafing which were apparently not common then so nobody really knew how to spell it correctly. Quite a set that one is!
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 04:10 PM UTC
I have the WWII and Vietnam sets as well.

I additionally have a set called 'Modern War' or something like that which was done by them if I remember right.

They all have been sitting in boxes in the basement for a couple of years unfortunately.