_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good model shops north-west england?
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi

Could someone please point me in the direction of good model shops in the manchester/lancashire region.
Ive been to modelzone on deansgate and though they have a fairly good selection of models I found the paint/accesories/etc was lacking i.e. no primer for a start. The shop in the trafford centre is train focused and has very limited military model stuff.
I know of pier models in wigan and lthat ooks good on the web and will be making a visit soon but does anyone know of any others?

much appreciated

David
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC
hip priest,
there is transport models in Preston their website is http://www.transportmodels.co.uk and have a good selection of armour and fantastic
aircraft dont do tamiya paints though also there is one in haworth near bradford which is
worth a vist has allsorts stacked up like a proper shop should be, had some rare kits in a
few months ago like dml pz4's and stuff its a nice drive over the moors as well best bet is to
use http://yell.com and search for model shops it'll bring up a few there is also one
in Lancaster but I've never been so dont know what it's like, there is also Rossendale model shop and andf=s scale model shop in audenshaw and the Halifax model shop and battlefield modles in Leeds just depends how far you want to go :-)
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 07:23 AM UTC
I don't know about Lancashire but the best model shop here in Yorkshire must be the Halifax Modeler's World in the Piece Hall. They stock a massive selection of models, paints,Verlinden figures, and even have a selection of etched brass add-ons. If you can't find it they will order it for you and the guys there are very helpful as they are modelers themselves.
Martin
 _GOTOTOP