_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hi from Canada
gordwong
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 05:16 PM UTC
Well after a very long break from kit building...hmmm my last kit I finished was the Kenworth truck from the TV show "Moving On"...it was beautiful...well not bad for a kid...my Mom's friend accidently destroyed it...I was crushed and moved on to other hobbies...such as CB Radio, Micro PCs, Electronics, RC models, Control Line...so my friend got me rehooked on kit building after seeing his creations come to life...he is a award winning builder and most of his stuff is scratch built. Some of his work is in Museums. He builds most military vehicles, ships, boats, planes, tanks, etc. To dated I have collected Tamiya 1/48 scale tanks...the ones with the die cast chassis...before I start on those...I am currently practicing on a Trumpeter 1/35 Finnish T-55 Tank...hopefully if it turns out I will post a few pics.

Cheers,

Gord.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 05:59 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama, Gord. I always like to see what and how other people build. Post pictures, enjoy yourself, and get your friend on board as well.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 12:43 AM UTC
Welcome Gord,just got back into the hobby myself a few months ago myself. I notice a lot of stuff here that is Canadian specific.
gordwong
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 02:20 PM UTC
Thanks for the welcome :-)

I will post some pics but need a better lighting system, even with my digital slr the macro pics are kinda dark :-(

Gord.
gordwong
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 07:34 PM UTC
I couldn't help myself and found a Trumpeter 1/35 Russian KV-1 Tank, kit no. 358...I promised myself to not open the box until I finnished on my practice tank...well you know the story...I cracked it open and was very impressed with the amount of detail...so I started to build it. Now I am building two tanks at once...yikes.

Have you done this before :-) have more than 1 kit on the go?

Gord.
PS - I found a Tamiya 1/35 with metal tracks and aluminium gun barrel but ouch...it was $170.00 usd...hmmm maybe when I finished both my current projects..hehehe
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you done this before :-) have more than 1 kit on the go?

Gord,
I am currently have 4 different projects on my makeshift workbench (cant get to the basement rt now with a cast on my leg ) and 2 others downstairs. If you look at the lower left hand side of some guys post they list what they are currently working on. The hobby has become very addictive for me as well but $170. US seems like a lot.
 _GOTOTOP