_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
close pics
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 534 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:20 PM UTC
i need your help again guys. i have a digital olympus camera and i can't take close pictures with it. please help me.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hi vlady,
Check to see if your camera has a "macro" setting. If it does, turn it on. This should help take close up shots.
Also, see if yours has a zoom function and auto focus. Do not zoom in while using the macro and the auto focus. I don't know too much about photography but this is what I have discovered using my Sony Mavica digital camera.
I hope this helps
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 12:00 AM UTC
mongo's hitting on the two options for close pictures.
A Macro setting or a Telephoto (zoom).
With the zoom feature you will want to move away from your subject more and then use the lens to zoom in on your subject to fill the frame. Getting to close and zooming wont allow the camera to focus.

If you don't know if your camera has a macro feature post the make and model and someone may be able to tell you.
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:10 AM UTC
In addition to using the macro feature, another thing that is possible with many digital cameras is to use a "closeup" filter. These are simple glass filters that are fitted in front of the camera lens. The filters do require that the camera have a lens assembly with threads though.

I use them on my Canon G-2 all the time. When combined with the macro feature, you can do some pretty cool stuff. Like here's a shot of a 1/35 scale model -

Later,
Tim
 _GOTOTOP