_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Email link doesn't direct to latest post.
Tommygunn
Visit this Community
Rimini, Italy
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 09:15 PM UTC
When I click the link in my email, that informs me of a a new post, it takes me to the first post and not the most recent.

This gets somewhat irritating when you have to click on the latest page of postings and scroll down to find where the latest post/s start.

What can be done? Can it be fixed?

Tom.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 12:56 PM UTC
Hi Thomas,
There has always been a 'reverse order' link at the upper left (and lower left) of each topic. However it was just a icon graphic. I have added a text button to give people a better idea that this feature is there. If you click that button you will note the posts are in order of last to first.

Thanks,
Jim
Tommygunn
Visit this Community
Rimini, Italy
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 01:46 PM UTC
Hi Jim,
I appreciate the option but I would prefer, and I think most other users would too, the ability to have the posts run from oldest/first to most recent/last, with the email link jumping to the latest post or the oldest of multiple posts.
Out of the numerous forums I frequent Armorama is the only one that doesn't appear to allow this.

Can it be worked into the website?

Also, such options as 'posts per page' and a detailed search system that allows for a specific search category, username, time frame etc would be most beneficial.

Tom.
 _GOTOTOP