_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Military Model shop
XMechGrunt
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 02:15 PM UTC
Hello to everyone,
I have been recently working on market research involving opening a military model shop in Houston TX. It would include everything Military from ships, airplanes, helecopters, and armored vehicles. Included would be a comprehensive array of modeling supplies geared around military models. This idea came to me when I was attempting to purchase a specific armor model and found that most hobby shops have a small amount of military models with large numbers of car models. Give me some feed back and suggestions...
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 03:03 AM UTC
While Houston may be a city large enough to support another hobby shop of this type, there is already a shop here that caters primarily to that market: Hobby Island. Let me say I have no connection with Hobby Island or the owner. It has been open about four years and the owner, in my opinion, does a very good job of meeting the needs of local scale modelers, including hosting the monthly meetings of the armor model club and the aircraft model club.
XMechGrunt
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 07:34 AM UTC
Thanks for the Info, where are they located and do they have a web address?
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 07:50 AM UTC
Hobby Island, 9430 Richmond, Ste. E, Houston, Texas 77063. I don't think the store has a website.
 _GOTOTOP