_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
A new beginning
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 5,926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 271 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 08:42 PM UTC
For years, nay decades now I have been avoiding 1/48 scale aircraft like they had the plague virus in their boxes. I went from 1/72 of my youth to 1/32 scale and have never built a 1/48 kit.. until now..

I was looking across the internet trying to find a 1/32 CAC Boomerang for a decent price, but all I was getting was very expensive 1/32 kits, and much more reasonable 1/48 kits of the aircraft. So as my income is worth less and less over the years, and 1/32 kits keep getting more and more costly, it is time to downsize so I can expand my collection of RAAF aircraft, of which their are many not available in 1/32, but are available in 1/48.

SO I bit the bullet today and ordered a Special Hobby Boomerang and Wirraway in 1/48 scale to see how I go.

Hope I don't catch anything when I open the boxes..
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 03:22 AM UTC
If you've had your 48th shot you'll be fine!
My main aircraft scale is 1/48 simply for size...not too big for the shelves and yet not too small to completely require a magnifying glass to build a 1/72. I do have some 1/72 aircraft simply because it isn't made in 1/48 and because I had to have it even if it was a smaller scale. Lately I've tried a 1/32 just to nearly match the armor stuff...and I like it. I don't expect to go swapping everything out to 1/32 scale kits because of this one build, but it was nice to try it all the same.
I tried a 1/48 tank as opposed to my usual 1/35 scale stuff and found it wasn't too bad...even did a 2nd.
 _GOTOTOP