_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Dollar Store
toysoldierman2001
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 12:27 PM UTC
I just came back from my local Dollar store and I'm amazed at the hobby stuff that I was able to get for a $1.00 each.I got a pack of assorted size Emory boards 94 in the pack for a buck! 2500 Q-tips for a buck,A set of Jeweler Screw Drivers for a $1.00,a set of assorted size files 6 in the pack for a $1,00,6 pack of White Out for a $1.00.And the list goes on.If you have a dollar store anywhere near you its very well worth the trip.When you go take your time and go up and down each aisle cause you'll never no what you'll find as their constantly changing their inventory.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 07:24 PM UTC
Tom, thanks for the heads up.

Bob
Phil_H
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 09:15 PM UTC
If your "Dollar stores" are anything like the ones we have here in Australia, don't forget to look in the arts/crafts/beading etc aisle. You will find various "craft wires", chains, self-closing tweezers (you can never have too many of those) etc which can be very useful.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 02:09 AM UTC
Dollar stores are a great place to go for tools and scratch building gizmo's , just don't pic up your paint brushes from there .
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 07:27 AM UTC
I go to one of the stores here and have found several items to use for modeling, especially dioramas. I have found: small rocks to use in dioramas as well as other ground cover such as small size hobby moss and craft sand. I have also picked up some different tools, glues, stryofoam blocks, poster board and storage containers.

So they are a very handy place to shop.

HARV
 _GOTOTOP