Trouble with decals?
a small request
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 09:16 AM UTC
A while ago you may remember a thread about a site I was going to do with images to D/L for printing your own decals.

Well after a couple of HD formats and complete software installs I'm back to work on it.

Here is 1 page from it. http://members.verizon.net/~vze4mfzt/decals/singles.htm. Could some of you look at it, the 2nd paragraph in particular, and tell me if it makes sense to you, and if you think you could do it based on what I wrote. I'm looking for input from users of all skill levels, but I'm more worried about what the less computer gifted feel about it as skilled computer users can usually figure it on their own.

This is just a rough cut to get the verbage down. The actual design will much better.

The image links are active so if you want to download them and give the directions a try, feel free. They are zipped, so you will need WinZip or similar. The page links at the top are active, but don't lead to any pages as I haven't uploaded them yet.

Thanks in advance
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:48 AM UTC
Very good. I read it and gave it a critical view as far as following it step by step. The example is a great addition and helps a great deal.

The verbage works for me.

I tried to download the images and got the cross fine. The French one didn't play nice though
A zip error was reported and fixing didn't do anything for me. If I said No I got the next message

No CE signature found at C:Windows... French7x7[1].zip
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 12:19 PM UTC
Even as thick as I am I was able to understand what you were saying.

I've gotten your PMs BTW and though I haven't tried them out yet, haven't gotten any decal paper yet, I think I can do it from your hints. I really liked the hint of outlining the white letters with a color similar to the background you're putting it on.

TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 01:15 PM UTC
Scott: Thanks for the info. I had a fubar moment on the upload so I'm guessing that's the problem with the France zip file. The one I have here works fine, and now that I look, the one on the site is 1/3 the size it should be (not generally favorable to unzipping, but really reduces bandwidth requirements). I'm reuploading it now. (EDIT: finished uploading)

Rodger: Cool deal, I'm going to have an FAQ/Articles/Tips n Tricks section on the site to help newbies make the leap.
 _GOTOTOP