_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
using photos as a search medium
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 254 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 08:49 PM UTC
I am curious to know if there is a way to use google or any other search system, to find info or more pics on photos, that one can just paste onto and press enter to find similiar photos or info?
If you can type in the name of a particular subject and then use the pic search to locate more pics of it then you must be able to do it vice versa or am I just way out there?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 02:21 AM UTC
Sure Charles - when you perform a search on Google, just select the tab that says "Images" instead of "Web" - relevant images that match your search criteria will come up.

Gunnie
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 03:53 AM UTC
Charles, If I read you correctly, you're wondering if you can paste a photo into a search engine and have it find similar photos or more information on the subject of the photo, right?

If that's the case, then I'm afraid technology hasn't gotten to that point yet.

Like Gunnie suggested, got to google.com click on the 'Images' tab, type in what you're looking for and go from there. Keep in mind that it's searching for the filename of the photo so it sometimes helps to be a little generic. For example, you could type in "M4A3E8" and it will come up with about eight pictures, type in "M4 Sherman" and it will come back with a bunch more - some of which may be M4A3E8's that didn't show up in your first search because the original poster didn't name them as such. It can be more than a little frustrating at times.
 _GOTOTOP