_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New guy
cdharwins
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 491 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 07:08 AM UTC

Hello modelling world!

I joined this site a bunch of years ago, but never got around to posting. I've often visited and checked out the forums for info and reference. I figured it was time to stop freeloading.

Like you guys, nothing relaxes me more after a day at the office than fighting with a pile of plastic parts. Mine don't come out as good as the ones I see on armorama, but I love it. Lately I've been building cold war armor and modern US stuff. I like the idea of scratchbuilding but I don't get along well with PE metal. I also think there should be more 1/35th WWI armor kits in the world.

Happy modelling!

Chris

md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 07:12 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Show us your work when you get a chance.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 11:08 AM UTC
Welcome Chris! Like the way you think about WW1 but don't think there are too many armor subjects to do,though the ones available ARE interesting. Some French Rail Guns and mega howitzer/mortors would be impressive too.
Try other materials besides PE for scratch building such as wine bottle foil,clear packaging plastic(PETG), and even brown paper lunch bag (rifle slings).
Problem solving skills prevent Alzeimer's. You heard it here first!
Cheers!
Rick
 _GOTOTOP