_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
harder steenbeck infinity vs iwata cmb
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 10:04 AM UTC
just got my harder and steenbeck infinity 2 in one i gonna compare it to iwatas top of the line custom micron b . will post soon after i air these puppies up
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 01:25 PM UTC
well, I have to say that the infinity is awsome both the infinity and the iwata cmb perform well but the cmb to me is just a little easier to handle with fine I mean fine lines, but the infinity isnt anything to laugh about . I ll put it this way the iwata is 300 plus dollars and the infinity 2 in 1 is 260 but that includes .15 nozzle and needle, .4 nozzle and needle. 2ml cup and 5 ml cup. this is an all around airbrush from fine lines to basecoating. for the price I would say that the infinity is the better airbrush. the thought put in to the design of the infinity is amazing . This isnt a review just my opinion on both airbrushes. I have been using iwata airbrushes for about 6 years now , I use the revolution cr ,eclipse cs and the custom micron b all excellent airbrushes . but if i knew about the infinity or should i say if it was out back then i would of bought the infinity . hope that helped someone .
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 01:32 PM UTC
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/tools/harder/tool_harder_infinity.shtml actual review on the infinity
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 05:01 PM UTC
Hey there Jonas,

Not sure where you are getting a Micron B for $300, Squadron's price on them is about $576 (although I am sure they can be had for cheaper than that)

I too have an Infinity 2n1, and while I have never used a Micron, I honestly can't see it doing any better than the infinity.

The needle on the Infinity is smaller (if only slightly). As well the paint cups are interchangeable (not so on the Iwata), and you can now buy an even smaller cup than the 2ml now, more of an insert, basically to protect threads from paint where the cup screws into, and you have the trigger limiter which is awesome if you need the same line over and over again. One thing I haven't figured out is the trigger tension screw. I have tried it in multiple positions and I don't really feel much difference.

Also I have found that the .15mm needle and nozzle are actually pretty good on their own for most jobs, as it will spray fine lines like this:

Which is just Tamiya thinned 50/50 by the Mk.1 eyeball, so I am sure with some proper thinning and playing with the air pressure that you could get even finer, and it will also do a fairly wide pattern, even though it is such a small needle. Personally I haven't needed to use the .4mm needle as of yet.
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 02:11 AM UTC
if you look at chicago airbrush supply thats where i bought mine. and i said 300 plus they go for $374 ,tcp global has the cmb for the same price. lol i never buy from squadron they alway sell for msrp.
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 02:18 AM UTC
lol i just played with the tension adjuster, i can feel the diffrence i like a light stroke. i just love this airbrush.the micron has a .18 nozzle but i just feel that it handles better.and heres a link for the cmb price.http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=IWA+4202 and scott do you have mr surfacer 500 at your store
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hey there Jonas,

None in stock at the moment, but I have an order coming either Monday or Tuesday with 500 and 1000 on it.

Just check my website (link in my signature) should be up late Tuesday, or early Wednesday (hopefully!)
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 02:35 PM UTC
thanks scott have you put any vallejo vmc threw the infinity any luck?
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 05:05 PM UTC
I have, just got to get it thinned down properly, and there is no hard and fast rule with the MC as to how much to thin it, as it differs from color to color. I have gone as much as 90% thinner on some colors just to get it to spray.

Best I can tell people is to thin the MC until it has the consistency of skim milk.
 _GOTOTOP