Shows and events in North America.
New AMPS Chapter in Central NJ
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 03:01 PM UTC
For those that are interested, a central jersey AMPS chapter is in the works. Meeting location will be the Jackson branch of the Ocean County library, pretty much smack dab in the middle of the state off of Rt.528. A date and time will follow once things are firmed up with the library. Being they close at 9pm, Saturday morning or afternoon may be the best bet.
Those of us involved with trying to get this going intend to see that the meetings remain low key ( no president, vice president, treasurer etc.). Just a bunch of guys and gals bsing about armor. We also plan to have seminars, theme builds and a contest on occasion to familiarize folks with the AMPS judging. Thats it for now, if you have any input, I'd like to hear it.
Burik
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 06:44 AM UTC
This sounds interesting. It would be about a 45 minute drive for me so the weekend meeting time seems good for me. When will you be expecting to nail down the meeting details? Will this be once a month? How many folks seem to be interested at this point?

Bob
tsweeney
Visit this Community
entire network: 149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 01:23 PM UTC
I would be interested I live in Keyport. Let me know when the meetings will be and If I can be any help to you

Tom
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 06:14 AM UTC
Here is the latest info so far:

I got more info from the library this morning. The meeting is going to be on a Saturday, first one will be sometime in June. I can only get the room 6 times a year so we'll do every other month. Meeting time is going to be in the afternoon either 1 to 3 or 2 to 4.
 _GOTOTOP