_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good trader alert: Olde Depot Hobbies
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 09:41 AM UTC
Once in a while I run across a serious class act and like to take the chance ot let other folks know when that happens.

Olde Depot Hobbies from North Reading Mass, and Carl L there in particular are such a class act.

I'd won a couple of modern Russian sets by Verlinden from them via an ebay auction and the transaction proceeded smoothly. I opened the 'damaged roadwheels' set and found them to have a major casting flaw, a large bubble in the center of the hub section. 7 of the 10 outer wheels were unusable.

Carl there at Olde Depot repiled to my return/exchange email quickly and found the rest of his stock had the same flaw. He offered to return my money or apply the payment to another product. I paid the small difference and my MK T-55 tracks arrived today.

So, in short, I am 100% satisified with my dealings with Olde Depot Hobbies.

Mike
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 06:01 PM UTC
good idea to post great deaers as well as the "RIP OFF REDS" out there
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC
I've dealt with Carl at various shows in New England. He is, indeed, a class act and stands behind his product.
oldmatey
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 05:03 AM UTC
How do you get them to reply to emails and phone calls. I've been trying for seven days and I get no one. Thanks, i'll wait to hear from you (Steve)
BROCKUPPERCUT
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 12:23 PM UTC
he could be on vacation this week
tigers2abrams
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 07:29 AM UTC
Unfortunately, I have the opposite experience. I made an online purchase from the website Olde Depot Hobbies on Aug 23, 2011. To date, I have not received anything from them. I have tried to contact them with emails...no response. Then I tried their phone number on the website and got "...number is no longer connected" !!
If you google "problems with olde depot hobbies", you will find a trail of people with bad experiences like mine.
I do not recommend anyone to purchase anything from this website !!! He may have refunded your money but he STOLE mine !!
 _GOTOTOP