_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Need Help with an Air Brush
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 04:52 PM UTC
Hi guys,
Just recently got back into modeling and have finally decided that I do need an air brush. I never used 1 and have been spraying my armor with spray paint and masking tape. I was looking at a Paasche H-SET Airbrushing System with AirBrush-Depot TC-20T Air Compressor Storage Tank. It comes with an H#1L Single-Action Airbrush. It is within my price limits and from what I have seen on this sight many guys use a Paasche. I have a huge automotive air compress with 30 gallon tank in the garage but don't want to hook an airbrush to that. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sal
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 - 04:45 AM UTC
No problems using the garage compressor...... just use a secondary regulator and a moisture trap near the aribrush (as far away from the hose tank as possible, and be sure to drain the tank periodically)
ACESES5
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 - 10:43 AM UTC
Sal: I have been using my Paasche H for well over 20 years it works as good as the day it was new.Compressor size does'nt matter just as the other fellow said use a good water filter and keep the tank dry. ACESES5
 _GOTOTOP