Shows and events in Europe.
Figostock, nine days of peace, love and figu
Mudid68
Visit this Community
Paris, France
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 08:47 AM UTC

FIGONE is holding painting workshops for 2, 4, 5, 7 or 9 days. Dozens of miniature painters come together for the pleasure for becoming better, with advice from experienced painters and sculptors.

Where ?

Workshops are located in comfortable facilities in the town of Montelimar (1h20 from Lyon and 2 hours from Marseille by car). Accommodation could be in tents or in “marabout”, 5km away of the training in the countryside ,Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided. We will encourage carpooling from major cities in France (Lyon, Paris, Marseilles, Toulouse, Nantes ...).

When ?

Workshops run from Saturday July 3rd to Sunday July 11th 2010. The welcoming beer will be on Friday the 2nd on Quentin's family farm. Departures will be possible until the day of Monday the 12th. Workshops are chosen à la carte over 2, 4, 5, 7 or 9 days.

Who ?

A few great names from our hobby will be hosting the workshops

Jacques Alexandre Gillois (Ilyad Games, Helldorado…)
Jérémie Bonamant Teboul (Figone, Artefactory, Andréa Miniatures, Kraken Editions…)
Laurent Mas Exposito (aérographe, table top…)
Mohammed Ait Mehdi (Rackham, Eden, sculpture, peinture)
Alfonso Giraldes (Andrea Miniatures, Knight Models…)
Jose Manuel Palomares (Andrea Miniatures, Knight Models…)
Allan Carrasco (Ilyad Games, Kraken Editions, Smart Max…)
Alex Cortina (Alexandro models)
Carles Vaquero (La meridiana, Hydrafactory…)
and many other “Figoprofs” as the number of participants increase…

What ?

The à la carte workshops will be made up of 8 to 12 participants. These are aimed at the beginners just as much as the veterans, from underage (albeit with parental consent) to older participants. Some workshops will be generalized on topics such as painting or sculpting, while others will be more specific (airbrushing, busts, terrain, basing, etc...). Lectures about the concepts and general principles along with alternating collective demonstrations and individual tutoring will make these workshops a rather intense learning period. Moreover, purely Seminars on theoretical matters (lighting, color, anatomy...) will be offered in the evenings. Complete formation assured!

More information here: http://figostock.jeremiebt.com/index_uk.html

I hope to see a lot of us !
Mudid68
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 - 01:07 AM UTC
Further information for those who do not speak French and who were wondering if not being able to speak French would be a big problem if they were planning to go to figostock?

- There will be 50% of non-French speaking people. In fact, there will no problem for them because the aim is to create a multi linguage class!!
- A lot of persons in each group speak English and a lot of Italian and Spanish people will be there.

For example, at the moment 2 English guys sent their subscription, plus one from Sweden. And no of them speak French.
Mudid68
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 09:04 AM UTC
Further information from JBT:

Bonjour!

I am sending a message to everyone with more info!
The course is a complete success!
Many workshops are full, or nearly so, with about 40 students enrolled to date.

If I have not told you anything, you have got your first choice, if there is a change, I will contact you. I will publish a list soon for everyone to check that I have the correct info.

Some training is complete, so we will welcome new teachers to the next workshops.
I am still surprised, but believe me they are worth their weight in peanuts

Only small downside, the "table top" course is not working as well as we thought. The players will be on vacation. Also Mohand's workshops are canceled, and the only registrant is aware

FINALLY!
Regarding accommodation, we will have to juggle.
If you have booked CAMPING for a weekend, I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU AVOID if staying for more than a few days..
Less sleep means less benefit from the course.
Thus, I STRONGLY advise the bungalow option.
70 euros for camping, 100 euros for the bungalow for 3-10 nights.
The bungalow has beds, is a small cottage, sleeps 5 people.
Super comfortable, ideal.
If you opted for "camping" and you want to switch on the option "bungalow", please let me know.

As we open new workshops, we need around 10 people more for this to be a good event and to pay for everything.

PASS THIS INFO TO YOUR FRIENDS !!!!!
http://figostock.jeremiebt.com/

Merci
Jérémie
put italicized text here
 _GOTOTOP