_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
1/35 maquette models
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 05:58 PM UTC
Hi Everyone
I was wondering what everyone thinks of the the Maquette line of models?
I made a post before about Russian uniform colors and was given some nice info from Pat.Thanks again for the link to that website!!!!
I am currently looking at getting some 1/35 scale Russian tanks! Any advice?Looking for T 60?Just bought a T34/76 1941.Any sellers out there have anything?
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!
Slimedog1
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 08:17 PM UTC
hi Mike, marquette models are ok, detail is fairly crisp... but there's a lot of flash on their parts so clean up is a must, their kits aren't up to the standard of dragon or trumpeter, etc. but that's to be expected from an eastern european manufactuerer, who if i'm not mistaken has ceased production... though not to sure on that one with a little work though they can be nice models, just depends if you work on a budget, if you can afford to throw alot of AM stuff on them they can be outstanding, though a lot of debate surrounds the accuracy of their T-34's, whilst more accurate than tamiya's old offerings they're not a patch on dragon's T-34's.
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi Mike, marquette models are ok, detail is fairly crisp... but there's a lot of flash on their parts so clean up is a must, their kits aren't up to the standard of dragon or trumpeter, etc. but that's to be expected from an eastern european manufactuerer, who if i'm not mistaken has ceased production... though not to sure on that one with a little work though they can be nice models, just depends if you work on a budget, if you can afford to throw alot of AM stuff on them they can be outstanding, though a lot of debate surrounds the accuracy of their T-34's, whilst more accurate than tamiya's old offerings they're not a patch on dragon's T-34's.

Thanks for the info!!!!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 07:38 AM UTC
I would say with Maquette that the quality varies so much from kit to kit that you would be better asking about each individual kit before purchasing and if there is an alternative from another manufacturer go for that even if it cost a bit more.

One more thing even if you see someone giving away the Maquette Russian Cavalry 1914- 1945 set stay away from it it nothing but a box of unrecognisable plastic blobs
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 02:30 PM UTC
agree.
kit to kit.
If you can see pictures or open the box and look inside, this is better. I bought a T34/85 with mineroller and everything was fine with fit and detail and esp. price. The individual track link sprue was horrible. Skinny casts through out

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 01:08 AM UTC
One of my Maquette models is a rebox of a Zvezda kit. The T-26-T is the Zvezda T-26 with a resin turret and a white metal gun.
 _GOTOTOP