_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Knock-knock
_Viper_
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 163 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 10:11 AM UTC
Hello world

I just joined after many months of "visiting" this fantastic site.

For a while I have been truly intimidated by the skills displayed by 99.99% of the people on this site and wondered if I could be up to - say - their knee at the most.
But then the temptation to take an "active" part in this huge community has taken over and I have finally stepped in!

About me:
- 33 and counting
- from Italy
- engaged
- in the aerospace industry

About my models:
- age 7-8: a Matchbox kaman SH-2 built with (ehm...BY) my dad. Loved it.
- age 8-9: a Matchbox Spitfire or P-51. It was light blue (no paint) and I remember crying my stomach out after it got crashed falling before a bunch of books from a shelf
- age 16-26: many 1/72 aircraft and an AAVPT-7 with some improvements in my skills: in the building ones - NOT in the painting steps! Too broke to own an airbrush and compressor!
- age 31 and on: many modern 1/350 submarines at various stages of completion, building a stash of modern armour and started the first one (Academy Merk IV)
Now an airbrush+compressor owner

Ciao!
_Viper_
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 12:30 PM UTC
Welcome aboard. There are a lot of us brush and spray can painters here, so don't worry about not having an airbrush. Particpating here is great. Everyone has been most helpful for me.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 - 05:15 AM UTC
hi nicola!
great to have you here. im a newbie here to. ive been browesing here for months before joining. i was useing spray cans for some time. when i finally got an iwata airbrush & compressor tha difference is amazing. you will be very happy with the results. just takes practice. enjoy!
 _GOTOTOP