TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
What if they made a 2010 version of TOP GUN?
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,096 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
Hay all

As i am currently toiling away building Mavericks F14 and the MiG 28 from the movie TOP GUN for the TV and Movie campaign, it got me to thinking? 'WHAT IF' they made a 2010 version? Who would play the main characters? What jets would they use instead of the F14 and F5 (MiG28)?

What do you think??

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:02 PM UTC
Well, the jets would be pretty much limited to F/A18 variants, so the aggressors and students would be flying more or less the same bird with different "plumage." Maybe some F-16's as additional aggressors to keep the audience engaged and identifying something different for the latter day Tom Cruise to fly. The "MiG's" could just as easily be real MiG's and Sukkhois, there are so many available. Alternatively, with the state of CG today, there'd be no need to have "real" aircraft standing in for MiG's. Look at the movie Stealth...the star was a plane that existed only as a mock up and in computers.
As for cast,
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
entire network: 2,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 02:52 AM UTC
Well... first of all Tom Cruise would fly a spaceship... sorry...
And now seriously: I don't think I'd like to see a remake of this movie... It has great emotional load for me - the music, F-14s... all this stuff was part of my childhood.

A.
acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 02:59 PM UTC
What, with some doughnut munching fat boys in flight suits sitting in an office in Kansas flying drones over the 'Stan..?

It'll never fly...

acav out