TORCAN 2010 Model Show Toronto May29th
Gulf11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hey Guys;

I just want to remind you that we are having our Bi-Annual TORCAN Model Show here in Toronto, Canada this coming May29th.

Visit www.TORCAN-ONLINE.com for all the details.

This year’s show is being held at the fabulous CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) Convention centre at 1929 Bayview Avenue which is about 10 minutes south of the 401 Highway, Toronto’s main thoroughfare. There is plenty of parking both underground and on street level.

The hall we are using is the best lit venue I have ever been in. The windows are all very large but they also have a frosting to them to stop the mid day sun from cooking you. The electric lighting is also top notch and I’m sure everyone will appreciate that. I’ve been told the onsite restaurant is also top notch and reasonably priced so there will be no need to go for a luncheon excursion in the middle of the show.

Our Head Judge is John Gauerke and any questions you have about the rules or qualifications should be directed to him. You can access him through the website.

Our guest speakers are Little Jimmy Mesko, Ron Volstad, and Tony Bell. You can expect to gain some wisdom from these notable gentleman for sure. Tickets to the seminars are only $5.00 so it’s a real deal.

We will have 65 vendor tables set up and that means a lot of hard earned cash will hopefully be flowing out of your wallets! All our vendors are listed on the website.

Our raffle table has been steadily growing with donations from some top manufacturers. Some of them include: Dremel, Master Box, WestCoastHobbys, Illiad Decals, Boomer’s Books, Osprey, Adalbertus, AMPS, Fighting 48th, F.Rsin.com, Sam’s Publishing, Kalmbach, and many many more.
We are always looking to add items to the raffle so if anyone feels like making a donation please contact me.

Finally we have added a special award this year which we plan to continue and that is the Yves Christen Best Modern Armour Memorial Award.
Yves was a well known modeler among the Canadian and US crowd and his passing has affected many. We hope to keep his memory alive in the community with this award.

Please visit our website to see the awards, and any additional information you may need for the show. Feel free to contact myself or any other member of the show committee for further information as well.

Happy Modelling and I hope to see you at the show!
Sean
 _GOTOTOP