For general topics on scratchbuilding.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
French Train Platforms
Sveamore
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
I have scratch built a part of a train platform and have bricked the sides. This is a very old workers part of a platform with oils, grease and petrol stains everywhere and will represent the beginnings of a railyard and is actually part of a much larger project. Anyway my question is would anything be written on the sides of these platforms? ie: a weight measurement, distance measurement or something else entirely? I have no knowledge of French trains or train platforms so any help would be greatly appreciated:-)
Thank you.
Regards
Sven
MCR
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 464 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 04:50 AM UTC
I have no idea BUT it may be helpful if you asked this question on a model rail road forum. Some of those guys are very detail oriented and might just have an answer for you.

Mark
Sveamore
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 02:36 PM UTC
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply, I thought of that too but every site I went to I had to join and didn't want to go through all the hoops just for my train question. I have posted before on what I thought was a train section forum on Armorama but I can't seem to find it any longer...maybe it wasn't actually Armorama after all? Thanks again.
Regards
Sven
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 05:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply, I thought of that too but every site I went to I had to join and didn't want to go through all the hoops just for my train question. I have posted before on what I thought was a train section forum on Armorama but I can't seem to find it any longer...maybe it wasn't actually Armorama after all? Thanks again.
Regards
Sven

Hi Sven,if you look at your screen in the top left,there`s a site switch facility - click on that,then go into the Modelgeek site,there`s a railroad section in there that i`ve used on several occasions,best of all it`s part of the Network so you`re username and passwords get you into that too !.
Hope this helps buddy.
Sveamore
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 05:08 PM UTC
Danny, what can I say? ....your a genius! That was what I was looking for. Thanks an absolute bunch:-)
Regards
Sven
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 1,280 Posts
KitMaker Network: 213 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 10:16 PM UTC
A (sad) source for pictures of train stations of the time period up to 1945 is literature about the german KZ system. Most transportation was done by trains and loading was typically in the cargo/service area of a station.
Sveamore
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 10:37 PM UTC
Thanks for the tip, thats good to know.
brockolee
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 02:36 AM UTC
scale-link has line drawings of iron overhead canopys of rail way stations very cool check it out hope this helps,Brock
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 08:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

scale-link has line drawings of iron overhead canopys of rail way stations very cool check it out hope this helps,Brock

Hi Brock. Do you have a link to this site .. and/or to the line drawings? Cheers
brockb
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 01:11 PM UTC
Frank,here is information to get for train platforms very cool any problems let me know sorry it took so long anyway here you go- scalelink.co.uk go to bullet product info click it then go to instructions click and there you are very cool diograms and plans i have a line drawing of a 90 ton 1937 German steam crane how about it if want i will email if intersted,Brock
 _GOTOTOP