_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hometown Hobbies how to
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:59 PM UTC
I have been trying to purchase the Tank Workshop kit of the M123c Tractor. Last week Gerat Models listed it, this week no more. HOmetown Hobbies also has it listed. I've called and all I get is an answer phone. I've left messages for the past two days. Anybody deal with these folks? How do you get through to them? Are they on holiday or something? Anybody know anybody else who might have this kit and is not asking FULL RETAIL for it?
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi blaster, Hometown Hobbies has excellent quality service. The owner, Bill Wolfe is a great guy, but I think they are on vacation. However, R & J Enterprises has what your looking for. It goes for $85. I think I might get one myself. I wasn't aware of this vehicle until I read your post. Here's the link for the TANK WORKSHOP products page at R & J: ( just scroll down the page a bit. It's Item # TWA0095
http://www.rjproducts.com/Catalogs/Tank_Workshop/Tank_Workshop.html

This is R & J's Homepage:
http://www.rjproducts.com/

- ralph

kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
I have had great success with Hometown Hobbies, in fact I just got an email from Bill Wolfe this morning regarding adding an item to a current order. He has always been prompt in responding to my email inquiries about product prices and availability and then I make a phone call to actually pay. I do know their hours are like 9 to 5 central US time to make calls to them.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:22 AM UTC
My experiences with Hometown Hobbies have been excellent as well. Prompt shipping, decent prices, and great customer service on several occasions. Once, I ordered decal setting solution and softener. the package came, and the post office had damaged one bottle (they admitted to it). Bill Wolfe replaced the bottle at no cost to me!
homehob
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:52 AM UTC
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble getting in touch with us. I'm not aware of a message being left on our information phone number. Is it possible that the call went into our new 'toll free 'order line'? The operators who answer these phones are prepared to take orders, but aren't model builders themselves and wouldn't have any product information above what is listed on our site.
If you could contact me directly at our contact information number (or send me an email) I'll reply as quickly as possible to your request and help in anyway I can. By the way, in the event you need to leave a message on our contact information phone line, these messages are answered my me and I WILL get back to you as soon as I can.

All of our contact informatation is found at the bottom of every page of our site;

http://www.hometown-hobbies.com/home_page

I'd like to also thank everyone is spoke up in support of our store and service - Thanks!
I'm glad you all were pleased, come back and see us!

Bill Wolfe
Hometown-Hobbies
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 11:12 AM UTC
As another member of the chorus, I agree with the above. Good service, etc. I have only 'talked' to them on the order page or email. I am a satisfied customer.
capnjock
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:37 PM UTC
I have only ordered from them once, but was happy enough with them that I will do it again next time I have to order something.

homehob if you come back and check this post, could you let me know if you still carry the antenna wire with the spring on the bottom. I looked for them and could not find them last time I was at your web site. I remember they were only a few dollars for 5 and they work great. I forget who makes them though.
ctmi911
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 04:30 PM UTC
I too had a good experience with ordering from them, I am kind of a pain in that I want to know what is in stock right now and hate to wait! (kind of a brat like that!). But Bill emailed me right back and told me what he had and when it would ship out.

Very nice to deal with IMHO.

And for DG, the antenna's are made by Minimeca and they are still listed on the site, 5 for $1.95, got myself a couple of packages of them a while back. Like the look of 'em.

Chris
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:04 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the input. I had heard good things about them in the past which is why the nature of my inquiry was more on how do I get ahold of them. Homehob. So glad you are a member of our little!!! band here now. welcome aboard, and yes I left a message with the 1-877 number. YOu need to have a talk with them folks about sending messages to you. I don't remember seeing an email address on your website. If it is there, please make it bolder. Beng out of town (Dallas) I am not prone to making long distance calls in the day, and I can place orders/make inquiries through the internet
homehob
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hi Blaster,
I have spoken to our toll free phone folks, and I think we have it worked out. This phone number is intended more for people who have looked through our site and are ready to place an order but would rather not give out credit card information on the 'net.
For information about stock levels or other questions, the contact phone number at the bottom of every page (or our email address: [email protected]) would be better. I'll answer these myself (within 24 hours of your incoming email - or less).

I did speak to blaster and, hopefully, everything is fine now.

For Andrew, the Minimeca part number is 3501 and here is a link:

http://www.hometown-hobbies.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=18778

Thanks again to everyone for the support!

Bill Wolfe
Hometown-Hobbies :-)
 _GOTOTOP