_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Jeep Jeep
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:58 PM UTC
I'm sure you've seen this or at least this has been mentioned here before, but not sure about it. Here's the link of the jeep restoration: http://www.mdjuan.com.ph/

Maybe one day we can all do a weeee little field trip to that area?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:06 AM UTC
Why not? As long as I'm available that is
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:31 PM UTC
How 'bout we have a field trip to Fort Bonifacio, or PMA?

btw, anong armor ba yung nasa Philipine Navy, yung katabi ng CCP sa may Roxas?

Labelled : Marines
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How 'bout we have a field trip to Fort Bonifacio, or PMA?

btw, anong armor ba yung nasa Philipine Navy, yung katabi ng CCP sa may Roxas?

Labelled : Marines

Nah, wag na sa PMA. Better yet, sa Corigidor for a feel of WWII! Or gusto nyo sa Lingayen I can tour you around!
stressor
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 44 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 06:43 PM UTC
ganda ng plan na yan, kaso di ako makakasama. walang pera, dami trabaho, wala time.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 01:59 PM UTC
LW: That'll be an LVTP-5 that is at PN HQ, with what looks like a 120mm mortar turret. In the USA, the LVTP-5 was replaced with the then LVTP-7, now known as AAVP-7. The LVTP-5 has front clam doors. IIRC, Italeri has a model of the LVTP-5.

Re:Corregidor, I'm planning to go to Corregidor this December, visit Fort Drum, Carballo Island, do some serious hiking and camping. I went there 2 years ago IIRC. Just a day tour but great place to go. If you guys would like to go to Corregidor, I suggest we do so next year (summer perhaps?) and we do camping so as to pay minimum rates (IIRC, P20.00 per night for camping in their camp grounds - which is an open field by the beach, with free use of lavatories). If my Operation: Corregidor 2003 pushes through this December, I'll give an exhaustive AAR for everyone to read. Trip costs P500 IIRC. A 1 hour ferry ride. We bring our own tents (perhaps one or two with the capacity for 4 each), food perhaps, and other items. I'm looking for a manual charger for the celphone, unless one of you electronic engineering wizards can rig up a solar-panel charger. Globe has a celsite in the area, so it's full scale there. Would be great if all of us can do an Operation: Corregidor 2004. If we do, let us start planning for it.

For the Working Ilk, save your vacation leaves for this one if we do make Operation Corregidor 2004.

For the Student Ilk, you won't spend too much (you could spend less than P1,000 for 3 days, 2 nights) and is a good military-history/history education trip.

If we do Corregidor 2004, I'll then won't enrol for summer class in 2004 (I found out that summer class sucks the life force out of me, making me feel tired and lazy for 1st semester).

So... shall we? Everyone, speak up! Even you Blitz, maybe you can come home from Canada to join us!

Re: Fort Bonifacio trip, IIRC last time I was there, I saw what looked like a parking lot crammed with rusting M113s/AIFVs. If that's still there, we could/might schedule a trip there as well, but coordinate with the AFP to give us access - unlikely in these socio-political-military turbulent times (they might think we'll steal an M113 or two from their yard hehehehe). Worth looking up, though.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 06:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

LW: That'll be an LVTP-5 that is at PN HQ, with what looks like a 120mm mortar turret. In the USA, the LVTP-5 was replaced with the then LVTP-7, now known as AAVP-7. The LVTP-5 has front clam doors. IIRC, Italeri has a model of the LVTP-5.

Re:Corregidor, I'm planning to go to Corregidor this December, visit Fort Drum, Carballo Island, do some serious hiking and camping. I went there 2 years ago IIRC. Just a day tour but great place to go. If you guys would like to go to Corregidor, I suggest we do so next year (summer perhaps?) and we do camping so as to pay minimum rates (IIRC, P20.00 per night for camping in their camp grounds - which is an open field by the beach, with free use of lavatories). If my Operation: Corregidor 2003 pushes through this December, I'll give an exhaustive AAR for everyone to read. Trip costs P500 IIRC. A 1 hour ferry ride. We bring our own tents (perhaps one or two with the capacity for 4 each), food perhaps, and other items. I'm looking for a manual charger for the celphone, unless one of you electronic engineering wizards can rig up a solar-panel charger. Globe has a celsite in the area, so it's full scale there. Would be great if all of us can do an Operation: Corregidor 2004. If we do, let us start planning for it.

For the Working Ilk, save your vacation leaves for this one if we do make Operation Corregidor 2004.

For the Student Ilk, you won't spend too much (you could spend less than P1,000 for 3 days, 2 nights) and is a good military-history/history education trip.

If we do Corregidor 2004, I'll then won't enrol for summer class in 2004 (I found out that summer class sucks the life force out of me, making me feel tired and lazy for 1st semester).

So... shall we? Everyone, speak up! Even you Blitz, maybe you can come home from Canada to join us!

Re: Fort Bonifacio trip, IIRC last time I was there, I saw what looked like a parking lot crammed with rusting M113s/AIFVs. If that's still there, we could/might schedule a trip there as well, but coordinate with the AFP to give us access - unlikely in these socio-political-military turbulent times (they might think we'll steal an M113 or two from their yard hehehehe). Worth looking up, though.

ayos! Baka call ako! Wish nyo na wala akong back subjects para di ako magsummer! Basta walang bisyo (beer etc.) sa lugar or else baka mapagalitan ako. I don't do those things!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 08:52 PM UTC
Re: mga bisyo, well if the majority doesn't want to, then ok, no beer, no ciggies, no "contraband." I, for one, ain't a beer drinker nor a smoker, however, I will not object to those who'll be bringing such at the camp site, provided that one doesn't make a mess, in the interest of group harmony.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Re: mga bisyo, well if the majority doesn't want to, then ok, no beer, no ciggies, no "contraband." I, for one, ain't a beer drinker nor a smoker, however, I will not object to those who'll be bringing such at the camp site, provided that one doesn't make a mess, in the interest of group harmony.

I simply agree to that! How bout we treat this camp like a real soldier? No liquors, cigs and any vices. Let's enjoy the scenery without these things even for just a while.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 03:01 PM UTC
Muy interesting plan BISIGI! I'll try to drag my Master and Commander if this pushes through. I went to Corregidor a few years ago in first year college and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You guys want a pic of that LVTP-5? We took a pic of it some time ago. Don't have a scanner though. JMN EB MkIII?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 07:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Muy interesting plan BISIGI! I'll try to drag my Master and Commander if this pushes through. I went to Corregidor a few years ago in first year college and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You guys want a pic of that LVTP-5? We took a pic of it some time ago. Don't have a scanner though. JMN EB MkIII?

Sure! Better tomorrow or Thursday, this week as midterms come up this Saturday. I'll just email you the scans ASAP, and return the originals after exams.

I'll be formalizing Operation Corregidor 2004 in a new thread so that everyone can chip in their ideas.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 08:52 PM UTC
Baka one of these weeks e magpunta kme sa Fort Bonifacio para magpaputok at magkalas ng M-16A1 sa three basic firing positions.

Nakaka-adik pala mag-siyasat at magkasa ng M-14...^_^ (shlak-ka-chak!)

@[email protected] gusto ko tuloy mag take up ng ROTC Advanced Course...Konti na lang at mahi-hypnotize na ako...
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 01:21 PM UTC
Cool GI! Email or PM mo lang siguro ako kasi nasa casa ang celfone ko. Thursday? Quickie lang
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool GI! Email or PM mo lang siguro ako kasi nasa casa ang celfone ko. Thursday? Quickie lang

Ok, this Thor's Dag then. Will try to bring the T-38 at least. Small kasi, eh. :-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 08:00 PM UTC
PM me a reminder the night before #:-)
 _GOTOTOP